PDA

View Full Version : Hi ...finally admitting defeat and asking for help!

Tallandnutty
18-05-12, 11:15
Hi, Ive suffered on and off for over a decade now with agoraphobia / axiety. Ive lost almost everything because of this. Im now a single mum to four gorgeous children who need a 'normal' mum so bad.

They dont miss out as their dad and family members take them and does things with them, but I long to be back to who I was years ago, not scared of going to the park, the supermarket and didnt have to rely on the internet for everything.

Feeling more alone than ever and often find myself going to dark places :(

I can go an entire week and not speak to another adult, need to know im not alone please :(

nicola1980
18-05-12, 11:18
Hi and :welcome: your certainly not alone here, you'll get lots of help and support, do you take any meds to help you? xx

Tallandnutty
18-05-12, 11:24
Hi, no ive tried pills years ago and had such bad side effects, I was put off for life. Have tried lots of alternative remedies and they help alleviate the symptoms but just want to get better full stop. I dont want to be scared anymore.... :(

nomorepanic
18-05-12, 11:26
Hi Tallandnutty

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nicola1980
18-05-12, 11:27
unfortunatly alot of anti depressents make us feel worse before we get better xx

wok
18-05-12, 11:27
Hi, so many people here with so many different variations. I'm the same, but different problem, think that I can beat this thing on my own. You were probably highly motivated 'years ago' that's why I'm determined to beat this. I bet you or others can see a glimmer of yor old self, which means that it is STILL there, just a bit lost at the moment. I'm still on line but gonna try a bit of reading, take my mind of things. Lot's of us here, going through crap. Stay strong.

BobbyDog
18-05-12, 13:10
I can relate to your situation, I myself can sometimes go a week without speaking to another adult. Not having someone to bounce your thoughts and feelings off is very difficult and it does not help anxiety symptoms.
All I can say is enjoy this site, there are lots subjects to join in with, or the chat room.

take care:hugs: