PDA

View Full Version : well, i passed

aldupre
09-07-06, 16:03
Hi everyone,

Well, being the impatient, anal retentive person that I am, I paid $25 to get my Praxis scores over the phone rather than waiting the extra week or so to get them in the mail for FREE. And......I passed both of them. I got a 158 in math and a 200 in chemistry. I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing, though because while this gives me more options so I don't feel so trapped, it also forces me to have to make a really hard decision that I was procrastinating doing. I still don't know what to do about school. I go every day but feel absolutely no motivation to do anything. I mean, what's the point....it isn't going to work anyway. Great attitude, huh;)? That's what 3 years of getting kicked in the teeth research-wise will do to you. I just can't seem to focus and get excited about anything these days. Oh well, it can only get better, right?

Take care everyone,

April

polly daydream
09-07-06, 16:28
Well done April on you excellent results, what have you always fancied studying? don't give up as you could have a great bright future to look forward to. I also find it hard to get excited about anything but force myself to do things, I am studying at the mo but don't really feel that motivated to do it but make myself, because I know it will be worth it in the end.

Best wishes,

Polly x

Karen
09-07-06, 17:24
Congratulations on passing.

I hope you can make a decision soon.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

scoobygirl2005
09-07-06, 17:54
Well done. Congratulations.

Scooby2005
x x

ceecee
09-07-06, 18:13
congratulations april you,ve done really well!take care rachelx x x

manmoor
09-07-06, 19:02
Hi April,

Well done to you.

Mandy

xx

Piglet
09-07-06, 20:06
Very well done - I hope you choose somethin to get your teeth into, as you obviously have plenty of intelligence to play with.

Think us anxious folk need to use up all our brain power on positive and interesting things then it leaves less to use on worrying.

Well done again!!! :D

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

aldupre
09-07-06, 21:37
Thanks so much for your support everyone. To answer your question, Polly, I'm in graduate school trying to get a PhD in chemistry. TRYING is the operative word here. Nothing that I've tried so far in the THREE YEARS I've been here has worked. One of my friends from work tells me that I get frustrated too easily. I know she's right, because once something doesn't work, I just scrap it rather than trying different things to make it work. I always talk myself out of every solution that I come up with and think of all of the reasons it won't work rather than just trying it. I think I just don't deal very well with failure. I've always been really lucky because I've been able to do really well in all of my classes and have never had to struggle to get things to work out in that arena. Grad school is just so NOT like what I thought it was going to be. Oh well, that's all for now. Thanks again for the encouragement and take care everyone.

xxx
April