PDA

View Full Version : Dry eyes, please help I need this to go away

Guddymu
19-05-12, 04:25
Please could somebody tell me the will This go away? I've had dry eyes constantly for a week now and drop are not working and it's driving me crazy

I need some relief and I don't know where to turn..

Is this just anxiety? Will it pass? Has anyone else overcome extremely dry eyes and is normal now? What is the explanation?

I'm very upset and need reassurance and advice...

Trish
19-05-12, 10:54
Certain medications can cause dry mouths and eyes, Amitriptyline is one I take and I have dry eyes. I just use a over the counter eye drops which is like a watery gel that was recommended by the Optician its called Viscotears over here in the UK.

If you are worried make an appt to get your eyes tested to put your mind at rest.

Trish x

AnnOBrien
19-05-12, 15:40
I have dry eyes, opticians can test for this as assess how dry your eyes are and give you drops to help. I often use optrex eye wash at night as well as using Hyabak during the day every few hours. Its all to do with your "tear break up time", i.e. how long your tears hang about in your eyes before draining and you needing to blink. My tear break up time is half what it should be, but is perfectly manageable. Ask your optician for some help :-)

Guddymu
19-05-12, 16:38
Thank you for your replies..

I'm not n any medication and my eyes are getting drier everyday.

I have so many drops I put into my eyes including ointments but it still doesn't help. The optician has just given me drops and told me to go back to my gp.

The go has given me blood tests for a few scary diseases which has now caused my anxiety to spiral out of control.

My eyes are not getting any better, I also have a dry mouth and nobody is helping.

I've keeping running into hospital to be sent home and making gp appointment to keep getting told I'm under investigation so there is nothing more they can do for me. I can't even look at my kids without crying and am very very upset hence I keep posting here for help...

I'm currently on a waiting list for psychological help. So as far as doctors are concerned I'm being 'dealt' with.

AnnOBrien
19-05-12, 16:45
Perhaps its your anxiety sending you in a spiral, initial anxiety may have caused your dry eyes to appear, then you started worrying about your dry eyes and so they're only getting worse?

Its a shame the way you're being treated by your hospital/GP. If your GP thinks it could be all anxiety and you're in such a state, perhaps he could have given you something to help calm you down. Regardless I'm sure your bloods won't take long to come back and you can lay a few of your worries to rest.

Guddymu
19-05-12, 16:54
I really hope it is anxiety for the sake of my children who deserve better than a mother who is in such a mess.

I really didn't realize how fragile life can be until now. I do still have a slight hope in my heart that I will get told everything is fine but the longer this has been going on the more I despair it won't be. I have had anxiety for 6 years and over the years I've beenn through hell but nothing compares to this because usually after a few days of nightmare symptoms I have some relief for a day or two and then I tell myself it's anxiety as if I had a real health problem it would be continuous regardless of how I feel.
I have had no relief from my dry eyes and mouth and it's just getting worse.

I'm shocked at how people in the health sector can be so cold. I get sent home crying and in hysterics from frustration.

I'm grateful for your reply and really pray it's not something serious, even though I've convinced myself that this time it's my worst fears come true somewhere deep inside I hold a tiny bit of hope.

Thank you xx

Want_to_break_free
08-06-12, 10:25
Hi Guddy

did you ever get anywhere with this???