PDA

View Full Version : No idea about these symptoms

JulieJay92
19-05-12, 10:07
3 weeks ago i started to get pins and needles in both hands (didnt have internet until yesterday)

gradually it is now spread to my whole body and feels like a vibration in my stomach which shudders throughout my body most of the day

If i touch my shoulders it makes it worse and im now getting a bit freaked out

also last night began waking in a cold sweat

Dont have any significant chest pains or anything but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or have any idea what it could be as i refuse to use DR GOOGLE

ty

NoPoet
19-05-12, 22:20
Hi, always get yourself checked out by a real doctor if you're concerned, but I hear pins and needles are a common symptom of anxiety, because blood flow gets diverted away from the extremeties like your hands and feet, because your body thinks it is under attack.

Night sweats are a side effect of many medications, but also indicate you've been having troubled dreams, again a natural effect of anxiety.

Anxious_gal
19-05-12, 23:08
If you are taking a high supplement of the b vitamins it can some times cause that sensation but there's usually a warning on the bottle or it'll say Daily Amount(high number) 2000%.

I would maybe try supplements, a multivitamin or one of those shakes like Complan that are often marketed as weight loss aids.

If you have anxiety it can cause that sensation too.

Also if you are sitting funny or are having any tension around your shoulders,back or arms it'll bring on the pins and needles, I find stretching and moving around seems to help.

It's not anything serious, its just an uncomfortable sensation.
If it lasts for a few days you could mention it to your doctor.

JulieJay92
21-05-12, 13:55
thanks everyone

its now there near enough every minute, finding it hard to do anything at all

I have been taking for 3 months vitamin b tablets to help my hair skin and nails from holland and barret, so you think these may be the cause

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

forgot to say the alll over sensation is like what your mobole phone does when sitting on a hard surface

honeyb
21-05-12, 14:07
I've had pins and neelds, numbness and cold sweats, all anxiety related.

JulieJay92
21-05-12, 14:40
i wouldnt mind but them being constant makes it hard to do anything :( also just found out my bff passed away so now trying to organise a flight to england