PDA

View Full Version : Help! Skin in mouth coming off it's like jelly!

jaynehal
19-05-12, 10:52
Hi everyone

I had this symptom last Sunday where my skin in mouth was coming off in very very thin layers it was all round mouth on inside, weird!! Never had this before! Then it happened again last night, has anyone else had this or know what it could be??

Thanks Jayne xx

southey
19-05-12, 12:19
I get this usually after eating too many crisps. Strong salt and vinegar is the usual culprit. Not sure if it's the saltiness or the acidic content?

The skin comes off when I rub my tongue against the inside cheeks and roof.

Probably something you ate or drank?

Steve.

AnnOBrien
19-05-12, 13:04
Yeah nothing to worry about, I've had this before, and my sister got it quite bad at one stage. She found switching to a non-alcoholic mouthwash helped her.

jaynehal
19-05-12, 13:40
Thanks guys! Feel a bit better now thought I could be serious! Xx

Worried_Male
19-05-12, 13:52
Yeah, i get this quite often. Nothing to worry about.

rb1978
19-05-12, 14:44
I tend to grind my teeth when I'm asleep due to stress and I think this can cause it too - at least that's what my dental hygienist said.

I had it really bad recently where a large patch on the inside of my cheek had come away; it was red and really stood out. It all healed back over within a few days though and is back to normal now.

xfilme
22-05-12, 01:31
I get this if my toothpaste is too strong. Also i get it on my lip if i sleep with my mouth open. If it persists, ask a doc, as its a common symptom of Oral Thrush, but thats far more likely if youve recently had antibiotics.

jaynehal
22-05-12, 09:47
Thanks guys! It doesn't seem as bad but I'm at the dentist on thurs so I'll ask him! Xx