PDA

View Full Version : Sjogren? Autoimmune? Can take much more

Guddymu
19-05-12, 16:22
Please could anybody tell me if they have been tested for having sjogrens or any autoimmune disease as this is what I've been investigated for.

I'm so distressed have been posting last few days and have not had much answers relating to this. I have not eaten or slept and currently cannot look aft my 3 children properly.

Could somebody please help or reassure me?

emeraldgirl
19-05-12, 17:28
Sorry I don't know anything about these diseases but I just wanted to say you're not on your own. When I feel at my worst I just set myself really small targets such as making a drink and also tell myself that most things can wait. Have you got anyone to help you with the children? x

Katie6
19-05-12, 20:55
Hi I have been under investigation for sjogrens syndrome as my blood work tested positive for SSA/RO antibodies my ENA was positive and my rheumatoid factor is positive. My rheumy has not currently given me a firm diagnosis as I do not currently display all of the symptoms typical of sjogrens, so I am being monitored. It is possible to have the antibodies without having the illness., and to have the illness but negative bloods.

Are you under investigation because of symptoms typical of sjogrens or blood tests showing antibodies, or both. Some people think sjogrens is just dry eyes and mouth, for dome this may be the case. But for others it can be much more than this, I was told it was very similar to lupus, but is an illness that not many people ate aware of including many doctors. I have found out quite a lot of info on sjogrens, but obviously I am not a medical professional so it is just what I have found out along the way. So anything you want to know jusy ask, as I know how scary it can feel at times xx

Guddymu
20-05-12, 02:17
Please could you tell me more. I don't want to google this anymore as I have made myself worry sick over what I've read.

I don't have any other symptoms apart from extreme dry eyes and mouth which gets so bad at night that I can't sleep anymore. I only sleep in the morning for a couple of hours when im exhausted.

I've had lots of blood tests and nothing has come through yet so m still anxious waiting.

Nobody knows much about this which gives me severe anxiety as I need reassurance and information to get by.
I just need somebody to say these symptoms will pass and that I will be okay.

I'm very grateful the you have replied and look forward to your response. Please inbox me privately if you would like to. I will be very grateful forever.

X

Katie6
20-05-12, 08:07
Hi there please try not to panic, sjogens is lifelong illness if you have it, but is easily controlled by medication, some people with sjogrens will have the dry eyes and mouth along with joint and muscle pains severe fatigue, headaches and a whole host of other problems, but as you only have the dry eyes and mouth, if you did have it, you will prob have it quite mild, but there are also a lot of other things that could cause your symptoms like anxiety, allergies etc how long have you had these symptoms?

Do you have an appointment with a rheumatologist yet?, if you do see one, they will take a look at your blood work along with a history from you about what has been going on, they will take a look in your mouth to see if you have free flowing saliva, I thought my mouth was ad dry as a desert. But I was told my mouth had plenty of free flowing saliva, and was not actually dry at all, they will most likely also perform another test where they check if your eyes are truly dry also, its a simple test, but I can't remember what its called.

Many people and doctors are not really full of knowledge on the condition, but there are some doctors who will specislises in it or have good knowledge of the illness, so there may be that you have one close by. But please please try not to worry, although the symptoms are uncomfortable they are not life threatening, and if you are feeling anxious all the time this will make the symptoms feel so much worse. I hope I have reassured you a little, but if there are specific things you want to know that I haven't said please ask xx