PDA

View Full Version : sleep issues

dnf03
19-05-12, 17:58
hi folks
been 6 yeas since i last posted on here
ive had anxiety for 14 years but this year it has been by far the worst it ever has(i suffer o.c.d,health anxiety,depression and panic attacks)
just after abit of advice about sleep
it started a few months ago i would find myself waking up in the night(normally around 4 exactly)but now its much worse
i have no problem falling asleep
normal night consists of going to bed around 11pm
waking at 2pm for an hour(sometimes longer)
then awake again at 4ish for upto an hour
sometimes i wake up again the back of 5
then at the back of 7 i wake up and cant get back to sleep
this has been going on for a few of weeks and is really starting to effect my job and day to day living
i feel sooooo tired all the time which of course then makes me think something else more sinister is going on
i dont want to take sleeping pills(i have a drug phobia lol)
ive tried running during the day,reading,taking warm baths before bed etc but nothing works

can anyone recommend anything?im seeing my doctor next week but he will just want to give me pills
any advice would be great

darksideofthemoon
20-05-12, 00:48
Hi,

I have had this same problem for 7 years. I haven't had a regular nights sleep in that long. I even wake up after a couple hours even when I take something for sleep. When sleeping I am always in this dream wake type state. Not sure if their is a cure for this as I think it just comes from anxiety. My advice is to try and not focus on it and let it get the best of you......

sadiesnow
20-05-12, 01:08
hi
dont know if it will work for you but i was adviced to eat lots of lettuce and drink green tea, i did that and it totaly calmed me down before sleep then i slept untill 7 in the morning.. pls try it and let me know how you get on.

Jenwales
20-05-12, 09:31
i find doing yoga can help
i had a horrible night last night, my anxiety has got worse lately by giving me panic attacks at night
my doctor gave me beta blockers