PDA

View Full Version : Caught the sun on face

Em.ma
19-05-12, 22:23
Was out in sun 4 30 mins today and face has gone all red n sore no were else has was covered. It was only 15 c my skin is soo sensitive . Hate it so scared of skin cancer now.

Em.ma
20-05-12, 17:48
convinced my self redness is worse today
still feels really tight on one cheek
convinced the burns going to give me cancer

cocohac
20-05-12, 18:06
Hello,
We have all burnt our face at one point in our lives. If your skin is repeatedly getting burn it could cause long term damage but please reassure ure self you haven't got skin cancer.
The tightness is the skin cells dehydrated from the sun. Apply some after sun or a moisturiser and next time u are in the sun apply a higher sun cream.
Not worry it'll be fine in a few days x

Em.ma
20-05-12, 19:22
hiya
thanks got some factorc 50 didnt think 30 mins would burn me but it did ha
thank you

also strange q ate a slice of cheesecake that wasnt completey defrosted and was to impateint to wait haha is that ok?

KK77
20-05-12, 19:26
Yes it's OK. I always eat it frozen ;)

Em.ma
20-05-12, 19:29
its my guilty pleasure that and haagen daz strawberry cheesecake ice cream haha or ben and jerries ice cream! :D

KK77
20-05-12, 20:03
Oh you porker :D

Em.ma
22-05-12, 19:44
haha

also at work sometimes on a machine were the bags are hot an d you have to touch them with fingers will slight burns like that cause skin cancer? people their been doing it years and fine

also for a few months had this on big toe and one on other big toe same place
http://i47.tinypic.com/2gt96k6.png

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

also hurts undernneath one eye when eye is closed left hand side under it

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

were the eye bag area is and slighty hurts when open and worse when eye is closed

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

infact whole cheek feels inflamed slightly and slightly painful ahh cancer in mind
hurts to press against slightly

had runny nose for a few hours last week and dizziness been fine since

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

but eye bag is the worst areaa

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

the eye bags the wosrt cant close eye without pain
cheek feels normal now

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

dont know how i will sleep eye bag is horrinle when eye closed
cheek fine now

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

i also feel like something is their
so scsared this is cancer

lizzie29
22-05-12, 19:54
Skin cancer isn't caused from burns from something hot. You need to calm down about your eye - the more you focus on it the worse it'll seem. I have a sore eye at the moment as I have a stye on the edge. It hurts every time I blink, it's itchy and it's been weepy. But I know it's just a stye. Just think - you didn't think you had cancer in your eye yesterday and you probably won't tomorrow. If I really tried, I could probably find an ache or pain every day, but nothing serious. Obviously I'm not a doctor but I doubt you have cancer. Just think how many times you've thought that and been wrong. Stop focusing on it and keep busy and chances are the pain will lessen.

Anxious_gal
22-05-12, 20:09
How bad is the pain> why do you think it's hurting? Or is it only sore when you touch it?

Em.ma
22-05-12, 20:13
it hurts when i close eye more
not bad bad but a definate pain/uncomy feeling
and a feeling like a lump or something is their
not bad to touch

you didn't think you had cancer in your eye yesterday and you probably won't tomorrow
thats a good way to put it thanks hun x

lizzie29
22-05-12, 20:40
Have you got something in your eye maybe? I really hope your doc can sort some help for you, it's not fair you worrying so much with little support. Is there still no hope of cbt? X

Em.ma
23-05-12, 20:26
Feeling better today eye is. Was working in 100f factory today was sweating so badly drank lots 4 litres got headache n dizzy feeling now. I was in only room with no air con... Haha

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Given up with docs lizzie they don't seem to get me .... Also now one tooth feels strange like its moves backwards and weird feeling

Em.ma
26-05-12, 21:45
Was at thorpe park in sun all day and shoulder blade burnt just one. Put loads of sun cream on all day must of missed shoulder blade upset now :( don't wanna go out in the sun ever again

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

I thought I'd avoided it now im really angry and teary.

lizzie29
26-05-12, 21:52
At least you were sensible and puts lots of cream on, even though you missed a bit. Put lots of aftersun on it and make sure you keep it covered to protect it from the sun tomorrow. I appreciate you're worried about skin cancer but all you can really do is try not to miss bits in future. If you're sensible, as it sounds like you are, then the chances are obviously reduced. What's done is done, try not to let it eat away at you. Hope you had a good day though! I'm a real wuss so would've been bag holder lol!
Is there another doctor you can try? X

Em.ma
26-05-12, 22:36
Hiya. It was really good thanks- ruined now though just in floods of tears can't believe was so stupid. Lots of people had severe burns but can't help think my two little ones will cause me harm!!! I'm in the process of moving gp practice. I am not going to burn for the rest of the year ever again now! ( if im still alive) I'll avoid it like the plague !

Worried_Male
26-05-12, 23:26
Getting skin cancer from one incident of sunburn is very unlikely.

It's mostly people that damage their skin on a regular basis that get a melanoma, i.e people who use sunbeds etc.

Em.ma
27-05-12, 20:53
thanks
i feel like ive caught it slightly on face ever since dad said i look slightly red
rest of body fine
nan and mum said no i havnt now cant make up my mind if im red or not!
face feels a bit funny but wonder if thats anxiety or not
it feels slightly like a sun burn would

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

i used suncream everywere but maybe on face was a bit low on it
pic http://i48.tinypic.com/293ezv5.png

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Think I have slightly :( I used sun cream it feels slightly damaged on cheeks hate this weather hate hate it keep looking in Mirrors in different lights

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Since dad mentioned it I've noticed more and more. It's. Not severe that's why I don't know if I have mum says no...... In certain lights I think yes.... Scared cause it happened once aready

Em.ma
08-07-12, 20:22
really unhappy and anxious
was out for 20 mins in windy but sunny weather and face is burnt today
really scared about skin cancer again :(

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

im litreally going to use sun cream every day from now on so anxious
3rd time this year
how can i burn in 20 mins it wasnt even that warm 15c