PDA

View Full Version : My story + vent - LONG

cas2ce
20-05-12, 06:17
Hi everyone, I feel I need to post this so I can look back at it later and have a good old vent.

I am a 25 yr old female - when I was 18 i was diagnosed as agoraphobic, panic disorder and GAD.
After many years in therapy, I finally came good with a lot of hard work and was leading a normal life panic free, I won't say that the anxiety was gone 100% but it didn't stop me leading a "normal life".

In that time I have also dealt with post traumatic stress (and overcome it).

I'd also like to mention that in the earlier days I tried at least 7 or 8 different medications, mainly SSRI's and one antipsychotic. I reacted badly to all the medication and my doctor decided they were allergic reactions, so I absolutely can not take them.

The only thing that has ever calmed me down was valium in a very low dose (1-2mg as needed).
I would only take the valium maybe once every 6months or so as REALLY needed.

anyways - throughout the years I always had the same symptoms, Feeling spacey, hyperventilating, impending doom, fear of heart attack and what not.

Fast forward to recently. My birthday was Feb 7th, I had a lovely massage and came home feeling great, I had trouble with an infected wisdom tooth and was prescribed antibiotics for it (I had taken them before) I took the antibiotic, and 5 mins later went into anaphylactic shock - something I had NEVER experienced before and did not know what it was.

Fortunatley I was able to call an ambulance from my kitchen floor.

From early March I started having a few situational panic attacks which I brushed off so I wouldn't fuel the fire.

April 8th - I have a massive panic attack at home which didn't feel like panic, but I decided to treat it as such by taking 1mg of valium- that was 8pm.
3am I try to go to sleep, and my legs start to shake violently - freaking me out Tried to get up and walk it off, but it got worse and worse- I don't know how but I sped myself t the hospital and was kept in for 4 hrs until getting a diagnosis of anxiety :mad:.

By 11 am I was taken back there until blood tests were done and I was told to get the results from my GP.

The GP ordered further blood tests, as I was convinced it was Physical (and still am to some extent).

Tests came back normal :scared15:
My mind still tells me he mustn't have checked something right.

Might I mention In all my time of having anxiety - I have never been convinced I am physically Ill. I have never had a blood test to rule anything out, and I most certainly have not been to a hospital.

Ok so I decide I will get over this. Not so easy - Insomnia starts, butterflies, i am crippled by now.

April 19th back to the ER - sent home with some type of antipsychotic that I AM ALLERGIC TOO! I don't take it, but I had many years ago.

By April 30th I pretty much could not eat, I have never had sleep or eating problems before.

By May 5th - I call an ambulance, i have had enough. They say my obs are fine, take me to hospital, I get an idea in my head about being admitted to the psych ward so I leave the hospital and start trying to force feed myself.

Not much success :weep:

I started back in therapy on April 26 but have a hard time concentrating through the strong feelings of wanting to throw up.

May 14th - I organise for my mum to fly in as I am totally debilitated, I can barely shower, Can't eat without wanting to throw up, can't sleep, and worse, when I don't eat I want to throw up also! I FEEL LIKE I CAN'T WIN!!!

Today is the 20th of May 2012 - My mum has been making me eat small portions every hour, even though it is extremely hard.

My current complaints if anyone can help - I feel sick when I do and don't eat. not just sick but random gagging, and I have a horrible fear of throwing up.
I cry all the time.

I feel like there is mucus in my throat

I can taste vinegar or salt all the time

I am tense all day every day

I shake all day

I cannot relax

I feel like I am taking 1 step forward and 10 back.

My mum says it is a positive sign that my bowel movements are a little more normal, I just can't see any positives.

I feel like I need more then therapy this time, but am allergic to meds so no idea what to do.

I was given stemitil by the doctor and its not helping the nausea, I have tried ginger, Gaviscon, zantac, and chewable antacids NOTHING IS HELPING ME!

20 days without an appetite is very unusual for me.

I apologise for the long post but I need to put it out there. Thanks.:scared15:

wlizzie
20-05-12, 09:04
:bighug1:hi ,
Im sorry your feeling so bad, but its good that your mum is there for you, all your symptoms sound like physical symptoms of anxiety/depression to me ,thats just my opinion from personal experiance and what iv learnt from this site.
If you are allergic to meds could you maybe try some natural remedies instead i think theres a few different things that might help if you or your mum can research a little, and maybe other alternative therapies acupuncture/hypnotherapy etc.
Hope you find something to make you feel better ,good luck:flowers:

cas2ce
20-05-12, 10:08
Thankyou for your reply, I have tried everything natural - I can't comprehend all this physical stuff - its like a vicious cycle that I can not get out of! It's driving me mad!

NoPoet
20-05-12, 15:45
Hi, health anxiety is just one facet of GAD and commonly occurs after physical illness, particularly a serious illness such as anaphylaxis. Your symptoms are health anxiety, nothing more, so it sounds like you just had a vulnerability to the return of anxiety (which is normal) and this was the only crack the anxiety was able to exploit. It probably seems worse because you've been in a recovery state for so long, and anxiety always seems ten times worse because it contrasts so aggressively with how good you feel when the anxiety is not present.

cas2ce
24-05-12, 09:40
Thanks for the replies people!
Just thought I would update - Doctors now suspect that I have C.difficile and I am awaiting the stool test results!

Please don't be scared of this, I DO have anxiety - but the c diff would explain why my physical symptoms have been unusual! The only problem now is that I am scared of the treatment, which is antibiotics after my anaphylaxis.

My mum will have me admitted to hospital for the treatment just to be safe.