PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get rid of a bladder infection

PinkRoxy
20-05-12, 07:29
On tuesday I started to get bladder pain and it hurt when I wee and then got a urine test at the nurses office at the university Im studying at and found traces of blood, apart from that I was feeling fine.
Then on Wednesday I went down hill I felt sick couldnt eat or drink anything and I made a doctors appt for that night and went back to the nurse at uni to get another test done and she said she found other things in there which indicate an infection.
Went home early that day unwell and went to the doctor she tested it and gave me trimeothoprim and it started to wok quickly after that horrible sleepless night.
Anyway its been working great and have taken my last one tonight, however I find that this afternoon and tonight my bladder is feeling a little bit sore again it doesnt hurt that much when I wee but its still there a little feeling sore.

I am worried that its going to come back. Could this happen? What should I do to get rid of it forever? :(

Hawthorn
20-05-12, 09:47
If it starts to come back you must go see a doctor, and you must take antibiotics as prescribed - if it's 3 daily, take them one every 8 hours to get the maximum benefit. it's no use taking one at breakfast, one at lunch and one at dinner for example.

Drink tons of water - carry a bottle with you and sip as much as you can on the move too.

Mix a tsp of bicarbonate of soda to a half pint of water. That should help take the sting out, or you can buy this kind of remedy from the chemist.

Cranberry juice is supposed to help too, but I can't stand the stuff so I've never tried it myself :blush:

But yeah, water and lots of it is the best thing, but if it doens't help, doctor asap - it's incredibly painful if an infection gets to your kidneys. Not pleasant at all.

grotbags
20-05-12, 13:52
Trimethoprim usually works for me, and I have had loads of the damned infections. I do sometimes find that my system feels a little off afterwards, so I take a course of Fem Dophilus to get the healthy bacteria back, as it all gets killed off by the antibiotics.

PinkRoxy
21-05-12, 05:49
yes me too Ive had diarrhoea and a sick tummy and feeling really tired since taking the antibiotic.

I did carry a bottle of water with me to get me to drink more but somehow I dont get around to drinking much also I hate cranberry juice too.

Im still taking ural, today it felt ok but I really dont want it to come back aye I just remember getting them alot as a child :(