PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Queries Again - Reassurance Please?

reddevil
09-07-06, 21:12
Me again,

I was yet again searching around my mouth with my tongue and on the left cheek and right cheek (inside mouth of cause), I can feel flaps of skin on each size.

Does anybody else feel these little flaps of skin inside mouth on both cheeks? When I look at them in the mirror they look like little lumps!

I'm suffering of late with health anxiety in my mouth as I have another soreness and raised skin top left of mouth and I'm very worried on mouth cancer?

Tony

nomorepanic
09-07-06, 21:15
By the teeth?

Nicola

Sazziesaz
09-07-06, 21:29
Tony,

Don't worry I have them to, sometimes they are worse and I think it is due to when I am anxious I clench my jaw/teeth when I am asleep and this sometimes includes indenting the cheek with your teeth when you clench! They are perfectly normal.

Sarah x

whatisitnow
09-07-06, 22:13
You've got to stop looking for stuff in my mouth red devil at the end of the day. It does seem to be an obsession.
Get the dentist to have a look, when they say its fine, dont go looking for whats not there. i went the other day & read the poster saying what the dentists looking at & its not just at your teeth.
Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Phill2
10-07-06, 04:12
I found I suffered a lot from mouth ulcers when I was real bad
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

lass
10-07-06, 11:18
Hi!

Yes, I have them too - I have one either side by my top set of teeth and one either side between both sets of teeth (which I think I bite when I'm anxious, even in my sleep, so they get bigger at times).

Hope this reassures you and you get some peace of mind.

Take care,
Caroline

reddevil
10-07-06, 13:05
When I look at them in the mirror they look like little lumps!

lass
10-07-06, 23:08
To be honest I've never looked at mine! However I've just had a look in the mirror and mine are look like lumps too (but feel like flaps of skin when I run my tongue over them).

Relax, I'm sure you are fine and this is completely normal.

Graham
11-07-06, 10:40
Hi Tony,

Yep! I have those little bumps on both sides of my mouth. Feel like little nobbles of skin, near the back teeth.

Every now and then mine get swollen and irritated. I noticed them years ago. One's slightly bigger than the other. The really do feel a little odd on the tounge, but I've had them for ages and my mouth seems OK.

Hope this helps.

Graham.

~~~ It is a poor heart, and a poorer age, that cannot accept the conditions of life with some heroic readiness. RLS. ~~~

reddevil
11-07-06, 13:11
Hi all and thankyou for replys.

I went doctors, he said they are normal but mine is infected and has two ulcers near it.

Red

reddevil
16-04-07, 20:33
Hi all,

Can they get infected easily as these have caught my attention again today.

The left one feels massive and hurts a little bit and obviously it has got me worried again!

Red

Dying_Swan
16-04-07, 20:41
Hey :)

From what you've said, you're talking about your salivary glands ;) Most of us have them, and would be in trouble without them.

So don't worry about that!

I think they can get infected from time to time. Like others have said, I often find that I bite bits like that in my mouth which can inflame them a bit and make them a bit sore. I know someone who had a 'stone' in one. A bit like a kidney stone but a salivary gland stone! But it was easily treated and caused no further problems. A trip to the dentist might be a plan. Someone said that before, and was right in saying that it's not just your teeth they look at. They assess the whole of your mouth and make sure it's healthy.

Try not to worry. I think you will be fine :)

xx

reddevil
16-04-07, 21:06
Hi,

Yes, that is them, the salivary glands.

I had a checkup and went to see the hygenist about 4 weeks ago. which everything was ok, my wife has just said they would of said something and she also reminded me that I had ablood test 2 weeks ago, she is trying to help me calm down.

I noticed them months ago but I was ok this morning until I felt them with my tongue again.

Red

reddevil
17-04-07, 07:45
Hi,

Woke up this morning and it has a little white head on it so i'm guessing it's an ulcer, which I'm prone to.

Red

shoegal
17-04-07, 12:58
Hi,

Just wondering if you wore a brace when you were a kid? I have bumps on the side of my mouth where my brace rubbed the skin and made it bumpy! If I accidentally bite the inside if my cheek it really hurts!

Love shoegal xxx