PDA

View Full Version : Need help.. really worried

Anxiousmess
20-05-12, 13:41
I know that nobody on here can diagnose me, but i want to post this to see if anyone has any ideas :)
So i know reading and taking my mind off my worries is supposed to be helpful, but i cant seem to concentrate atall with readin or anything my eyes are like workin in slow mo and i jus cant do it without endin up with a nasty headache!!
Im really worried i have a brain tumour because of how my head feels all the time:

Dizzyness and Off-balance.
Strange head sensations that i cant explain !!
PRessure and pain around left ear.
Clumbsyness.
Horrible really awful headaches.
Sleeping 12+ hours a day.
Messed up concentration.
"wierd feeling"
Everything looks and seems different.
Feel like i cant think, like i have a brain block of summit.
Personality change.
Pressure feeling around forehead.
Numbness & tingling sensation that grows down my head, then back..
Wake up feeling really odd in the morning every morning.
Feel like im floating when im walking.
Some noises i hear make my head feel worse.
Feel like i will faint all the time.
Eyes feel strange, like they are workin in slow motion.
Everyone talking sounds muffled.
Saying words wrong.
Repeating myself without realising.
"Drunk feeling" completely out of it all the time, and stare at everything.

Iv self diagnosed myself with a brain tumour, im only 23, and life at the moment living like that is too much, i cant do my work, my things i love and enjoy, all i can do is sit and stare and feel strange, i trip over everything, i jus want it all to stop so i can get on with my life.. 15th day on citalopram, doctors did all brain tests on me, physical ones, said everythin seemed okay, no scans as of yet, i feel so wierd, thanks guys any messages back wud be amazing :) x

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Even trying to read that back i couldnt do, i couldnt concentrate or take any of it in, i feel so stuck..

vicky23
20-05-12, 13:49
if you've had tests you've got to trust you haven't got a brain tumour.
All the symptoms you list are anxiety ones, also the fact that you're on day 15 of your new drug might not help it can make you feel a bit spacey but that should settle down soon.
It's difficult the whole distracting thing because sometimes you literally just can't concentrate on anything but hopefully continuing to reassure yourself that this is only anxiety and can do you no harm will make you feel better.
Best wishes

rockydog
20-05-12, 21:24
I know how you feel, I have had most of those head things and the more you try and think or concentrate the more you are going to notice you cant. It is a really horrible stage because the things people tell you to do to frget or to take your mind off it involve your head and eyes and that just makes it worse.

I can tell you that 5 months ago i could only stand one person in the room at a time or i was over whelmed. I couldnt stand the tv on or i felt like i couldnt think. The dogs barking sent me back upstairs to be alone as it confused me.
I couldnt watch tv as i got a strained eye and head feeling like i was burnt out. I also couldnt move quickly from looking from one thing to another or my head went perculiar.
My head often pounded, but not with pain, just like i had been out in the sun too long, but i was indoors.
I had a number of head pains and at other times not pains but just feelings that i didnt like, maybe like a chemical feeling or like brain freeze from something cold.
I couldnt eat foods like crisps as the sound was too much. I would be completely startled if a phone went off or an alarm clock and my heart would race.
My eyes ached and i had tinitus. My head felt heavy and nothing seemed to help relieve the feeling.
I would constantly feel like i was going to faint as a sensation came over me and i would describe it as if i was feeling a sleep standing up, like a dropping away. I often felt like i wasnt quite in my head and would rush outside to try and wake myself up...... i could go on :)
Most of it has gone now and it was all an anxiety disorder :)

Dizzydoll
20-05-12, 21:39
i have wietd head sensations all day everyday in some form and headaches but the sensations i cant explain either. my vision is also wierd at times and noises also effect my head its really scary but im sure its just anxiety x

clareek12
20-05-12, 21:46
I go through periods where i feel exactly the same..

Right now im going through the classic "im having a heart attack" stage.. always a fun one..

Chest pains cause by muscle aches or coughing and even though i have had chest xrays..i still go into full on panic mode!

But yeah like you i was put on citalopram for the same symptoms you described..it made me worse..I was then put on setraline and it made just a huge change to my life...My mood had been up and even though i still worry about my health, I can take the time to sit and say to myself "you are ok, if you are still worried then phone the doctors..."

anxiety is so common but you always feel alone..it's hard to put your mind to rest!

Bexmumto3
20-05-12, 21:50
I can honestly say that I am going through the exact same thing right now and I'm positive I have either MS,ME or brain tumour. All the symptoms you have listed I have, i'm there but i don't feel like i am. Weird feeling when walking, i describe it like walking on sponge, weird feeling in head, just everything that you have put has described me !!
I can't offer any words of reassurance as I can't get my own head round things but maybe just knowing that someone else is having ALL the symptoms you are might help to make it easier for you ? x

raz
21-05-12, 08:56
Hello. All the symptoms you describe are exactly how i am feeling now. A few months ago i was convinced i had brain problems because of the horrible not with it sort of feeling. Also had racing heart. Got checked at the docs had blood tests and he listened to heart. Results came back ok. He gave me notes on depression and anxiety. I was ok for a couple of months but recently getting sharp chest pains which has made me have the horrible not with it feeling back.

Jenwales
21-05-12, 09:38
It is just anxiety. I've had it for yrs and my symptoms change. Right now I feel rubbish. i'm 23 too.
Just getting on with life, going to work, can help. I'm taking beta blockers right now but I don't want to
i know how you feel, If I knew a solution then I'd say i'm still trying to sort myself out

Jules147
21-05-12, 10:23
Your list of symptoms suggest anxiety/depression.

When I had anxiety last year I convinced myself that I had a brain tumour for about three months (after thinking I'd got MND/ALS, lymphoma and MS.)

The headache, pressure and pain around your ear are most likely caused by muscle tension. That stiffness in your neck (I know you didn't mention this but I bet you get it) is the muscle tensing up to protect the most vulnerable part of your spine in the event of being attacked by a sabre-toothed tiger. Our bodies have not caught up in evolutionary terms with life in the 21st Century. The fight or flight syndrome works as it always did but the outside threats don't resolve themselves as quickly, hence why you feel so ill.