PDA

View Full Version : low calories affecting palpitations maybe?

vicky23
20-05-12, 13:56
Hi,
so I'm just in the process of recovering from a really nasty stomach bug I hardly ate for like a week and had a few days of missing my beta blocker tablets but at the time I didn't feel too bad just an increase in heart rate.

Now I've started eating again and taking my tablets regularly but I'm getting terrible palpitations the kind that throb in your chest then your head. I wouldn't say I'm majorly more anxious just a bit like 'why is this happening NOW when I'm back on the beta blockers'

I'm wondering if this is an effect of not getting enough calories? Does anyone else find that when they don't eat well their physical anxiety symptoms are worse?

grotbags
20-05-12, 14:02
When I went through my WORST anxiety (breakdown) I found it hard to eat because I was constantly so anxious, and the people from the mental health team told me that not eating does make anxiety a lot worse. I always find I have a little blip of anxiety after having an illness or a virus. Our whole system is weakened for a little while and it seems to flare up temporarily.