PDA

View Full Version : little red spots

wlizzie
20-05-12, 17:24
iv got little red spots on my chest and arms , starting appearing about a year ago but recently they seem to be appearing a new one every couple of weeks, once they are here they never go.
I asked a locum gp about them last month she said they are nothing to worry about but theres nothing i can do about them either.
Any ideas ? What they are and how i get rid, they dont look very nice and im only 33.

Itryireallytry
20-05-12, 17:47
Like red blotches? i got them last week, all over my chest, back, neck and arms because I was really nervous.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

They were not itchy or anything and when I relaxed they were gone :yesyes:

wlizzie
20-05-12, 17:49
no they're more like tiny moles but red :blush:
And they vary in size.

Itryireallytry
20-05-12, 17:51
Oh, that can be a hives stress rash or something. Does it happen when you are nervous?

wlizzie
20-05-12, 17:59
no they just randomly appear and once they are there they stay for good.
They dont hurt or itch they just dont look nice:weep:

Itryireallytry
20-05-12, 18:25
Oh that sucks! But at least you know it's nothing serious :D

zippy
20-05-12, 18:42
Are they not little blood blisters? Me, my mam and my daughter have some of these.

wlizzie
20-05-12, 18:50
well i just googled and it came back with cherry angioma which is quite common and not serious so i will ask my own gp about them next time im there i guess :)

Emira7
23-05-12, 12:41
My husband has loads of those, don't worry hun
x

Tish
23-05-12, 20:29
I've got one on my leg and I was worried but you've just reassured me, thanks!

baileydalm
23-05-12, 21:14
Hello,
I have these all over my body. They are under my skin and don't blanche. Mine seemed to develop when I started taking medication for anxiety...I think its a pretty common symptom of Anti-anxiety/depression meds. Its called Petechiae...(don't google it!! as it comes back with all sorts). My Doctor said it was blood stains in skin and if your otherwise healthy it is not a concern. :)

November
24-05-12, 22:03
Hey
I have loads of these I have them all over my arms and on my chest too I even have a couple that are purple! I've had them for years and they have never bothered me not particially pretty but I've had them so long I'm used to them now but every day I notice a new one I have no idea what causes them though