PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

Bexmumto3
20-05-12, 18:47
Some may remember me from a while back but it has been a long time since I've been on here.
I've been suffering with panic attacks now for 7yrs. I had managed to get things under control & get my life back on track, got myself a little job, etc and was doing really well.
One day randomly I came over all funny & thought I was going to pass out, since then I've been a bag of nerves & things have got progressively worse to the point I can barely stand or walk anymore, can't talk to people or go out anywhere unless its in the car.
I've been under the doctors and I'm awaiting a referral to the Neurologist & also to ENT to rule things out, the dr thinks it is all anxiety related but I'm convinced it isn't. Dr is also sending me to see a councillor & a psychiatrist to try to help me as she feels I'm not on the right meds (Fluoxetine 40mg) I'm also on Cinnarizine for my dizziness symptoms.

Anyway I shall go and post all my moans on some of the other sections, hopefully it well help to get these things out, look forward to chatting to everyone again :)

Becca x

nomorepanic
20-05-12, 18:57
Hi Bexmumto3

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

grotbags
20-05-12, 19:17
Hello Becca. I hate relapses but if it's any consolation, so far all of my relapses or setbacks have been less severe than the previous. Is that something you notice as well?

How does the Cinnarizine help? I took this for a short while but bought it over the counter as my GP wouldn't prescribe me any meds, and it got too expensive after a while. I found it helped me to be a little more steady on my feet although I feel my dose was too low (15mg twice a day i *think*).

Bexmumto3
20-05-12, 20:51
I've found the opposite and all my relapses have been worse than the previous, this one is most definately my worst so far.
The Cinnarizine doesn't seem to have done a great deal I don't think, i'm on 15mg three times a day so I guess still a low dose as thats a childs dose according to the packet ??
Maybe I'm just hoping for a miracle & expect that tablet to change everything straight away :shrug:
Just so fed up of feeling like this now

grotbags
20-05-12, 22:02
I'm really sorry you're going through such a hard time. How long have you been on the Prozac for? Sometimes meds stop working, or "poop out" randomly. It's good that they're sending you to an ent because if there is a balance issue or something similar, the consultant should be more educated than a GP about the right meds. Same as a psychiatrist.