PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing a friendly ear..

clareek12
20-05-12, 21:14
Hi there

Im 24 and have been living with anxiety since i was about 17..

Since the death of my younger brother this has turned into Health anxiety, I worry about chest pains and little pains in my arms..
I know alot of this will come down to my anxiety, I have had chest xrays and ecg but that only ever puts my mind at rest for a short time..

Right now im on setraline and my mood had picked up but i still find myself having days where i worry about every little pains i feel..

Sometimes ill go out walks with my partner and get a tight feeling around my head and chest and along my neck but it's gone in a few seconds..

Other times ill get dull weak feelings in parts of my arm...and then the pains in the chest kick in...Has anyone had these feelings or been through something like this?
Its really starting to take its toll on me..24 and never really had a time when i have not felt like im falling apart..

I would really love to hear from anyone who had got over this or is finding a way of dealng with the stress and if the pains have gone?

Bexmumto3
20-05-12, 21:59
I've also been through the worrying about every tiny little pain & I still am now.
I can't offer any words of advise at the moment as I'm not in a good place myself but just wanted you to know you aren't alone !!

clareek12
20-05-12, 22:05
I know, Im just..well not happy as im sorry to hear you are going through the same thing..

But it helps to know your not alone..

good luck and if you ever need a chat just give me a shout :) thanks