PDA

View Full Version : Just want to get this all down & know I'm not mad !!

Bexmumto3
20-05-12, 21:26
Hiya everyone, I'm Becca a 32yr old mum to 3 little herbets.
I've suffered with panic attacks for the last 7 years, when I think back I've probably suffered with some form of anxiety since I was a child.
I've always managed to eventually pull myself back and get my head straight again to some extent, yes I still suffered with anxiety but it was manageable. I got myself a little job that I absolutely loved, we moved and things were going good.
Very randomly one day I was standing talking to a friend & felt like I was going to pass out, came from no where, I put it down to the lack of food I had had on that day but months later I'm still getting the same symptom.

The symptoms have got gradually worse & basically now they are :

Dizziness, faint feeling every now and then, feel weak, legs hurt, they feel so heavy & feels like i'm walking on sponge, i'm so forgetful, my speech is sometimes strange, my vision goes blurry (like a fog) my left thumb twitches, i randomly twitch, feel like a nodding dog, get strange burning feelings on my skin in random places, i'm constantly tired, visibly shake & feel like i have a pneumatic drill inside me, my head feels like its going to explode, i've got no appetite & lots more but i can't remember what.

I have been going to the dr on and off for months with this dizziness, have had blood tests, ecg, etc and all been ok. We've changed doctor and i'm now being referred to ENt to rule out Meniere's disease but also to a Neurologist as i'm convinced it is MS. The only thing to have come up on my bloods was ESR which is an indicator of inflammation, got to be re-tested in July.
Saw dr again Friday as i've got myself so worked up about this and feel like something is really wrong, of course i burst into tears because of this, i feel like my life is non existent at the moment. She said she feels it is all anxiety related and is also referring me to a councillor and a psychiatrist. She thinks my meds aren't correct (I'm on fluoxetine 40mg) but she said because I will need to be gradually weaned off of these then have 2 weeks without any before trialling new ones, she wants the psychiatrist to do this especially as I had a reaction to 2 i tried initially before settling on the fluoxetine.
I'm also on Cinnarizine 15mg three times a day to help with the dizziness, but i don't feel it's helping at all.

Not really any point to this post, just gives me a chance to get it all out, i feel such a useless mother, useless wife, i've lost my job (i worked in a school with disabled kids which i loved) i can't do much around the house and what i do i have to crawl round on my knees doing as my legs are so weak. I can't go out anywhere as my legs are always so weak.
Yes I have had a stressful time of it, hubby isn't able to work due to his health & my eldest child has ODD so is very difficult to handle but surely this isn't enough to cause this, my family think i'm having a breakdown but I felt fine before that day, now I can't do anything I've got to the point of wanting to end it all, this isn't a life, it's just an existence & a rubbish one at that !!

Oh I don't know, if you got this far, you deserve a medal !!!

pinkprincess
20-05-12, 23:21
Hi Bex,

I wanted to reply and let you know you are not alone, i cant say i am feeling every symptom you say but i have suffered bad anxiety for nearly 4 years now and have had all those symptoms, especially the stiff achy legs, feeling like they will collapse, (major anxiety symptom)

you sound like you are under a lot of stress, i only have one child and that is hard so if you have 3 children, a husband who cannot work and you are not working then that can make you feel low and stressed!

It does sound like anxiety but i know in your head you wont believe that, i still dont sometimes, once you have had every test your doctor is referring you for then hopefully it will put your mind at rest.

take care xxx

LucyLiz
20-05-12, 23:32
Hey Bex. I can somewhat empathise with your position. My anxiety also manifests itself largely in my legs. Many a day I feel that they won't support me and that they will give way. Thing is they never do and I've now had this symptom for about a year and I find the best way to deal with it is acknowledge and move on. I know it's really hard though, hard to believe it could all be down to this. Wish you all the best xx