PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

MazF
20-05-12, 22:02
Hi, I've been following this site for a while, reading posts but have only recently picked up the courage to register myself and post. I'm a 36 year old female, i've had episodes of depersonalisation and derealization since i was a child. Very scary and has definitely affected the course of my life. I've been dealing with severe anxiety for around 6 months now, caused by a health issue, i noticed i'd lost weight, my hips are just bone now! All tests come back normal but i couldn't switch my brain off, i thought something serious was wrong (maybe i still do). Doctor diagnosed severe stress and started Sertraline. I'm going into my 4th week on it and have noticed very small improvements. What has helped the most, though, is this site. It's just so reassuring that others have walked this lonely and frightening path before, it gives me enormous strength. So thank you to No More Panic and to all you brave people who offer support to those like me who feel lost and lonely. It's a great thing you are doing.

BobbyDog
20-05-12, 22:11
Welcome:welcome:
What a lovely warm post.

I quite agree with you this is a wonderful website.

nomorepanic
20-05-12, 22:13
Hi MazF

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
20-05-12, 22:18
Hi & Welcome,

This site has been an amazing help to me too and I have crossed paths with some lovely people, always willing to give support and advice when needed. I wish you luck in your journey and hope you get as much from being here as I have :hugs:

Kitti :)

clareek12
20-05-12, 23:13
I have to say that finding this site has really helped, It's amazing how you can feel so alone and then find all these peple going through the same thing..

Reading posts with the exact same symptoms as yourself...
It brings you back from the edge at times...

Beckybooboo
21-05-12, 03:14
Welcome to the site hun,

I hope you find peace and many friends here at NMP.

If you ever need anything, remember just to ask and someone will always be there to help.

All the best,
Becky

waunder
21-05-12, 05:58
I am very happy I found it to, I am new as well . Great place to be ,great teaching tools, ideas, sills for coping and friends who care.:yesyes:

MazF
21-05-12, 11:08
Thanks everyone, i feel welcome and at home already!