PDA

View Full Version : Bad night tonight

LC05
09-07-06, 22:58
Having a really bad worrying night tonight. Keep thinking I have lymphoma cos of a hard lump in my groin - even though doctor looked at it and gave me blood test I am still worrying - I'm not sure I trust what she said. I don't know whether to go back for a second opinion???

Worrying about loads of other stuff too - but it's hardly suprising : we've just moved into a new flat, my boyfriends working away so i'm here on my own, i start a new job tomorrow and get my degree results this week - so going through an ultra anxious stage and i just wanna stop worrying and feel normal again! :(

Daisybun
09-07-06, 23:13
Sorry you are are having a bad night. I should think you are a bit anxious with all that going on. Good luck with your new job tomorrow. i am sure that if there was anything to worry about your dr would have told you. They know more about this than we do and they know what they are looking for. I know it is hard to trust but sometimes we just have to. Hope you feel better tomorrow

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

manmoor
09-07-06, 23:49
Good luck with new job tomorrow and good luck with resultsx

Hope you feel better soonx

Take Care

Mandy

xx

lewis_k
09-07-06, 23:54
hi,
i too am having an anxious night (not just because france lost the world cup). i am worried about a lump in my calf-muscle that may or may not be on the other leg as well (which would mean that it's a part of the muscle and supposed to be there). i haven't yet seen a doctor about it and probably will try tomorrow.
my girlfriend is on a trip in south america, and i am waiting for the results of the semester at my university, which will become available this week.
so i understand your situation completely. at least you have hard medical evidence to assure you that you're fine.
we are in stressful situations and the way our psychologies react to stress is by looking for something physically wrong. the fact that we are alone means our psychologies have less distraction and can have a field day. you'll probably feel at least somewhat better when your boyfriend gets back. i don't think your health anxiety will be 'cured', but hopefully you will be in a better psychological position to tackle your fears.
try to feel better and i will try too,
lewis