PDA

View Full Version : Depressed for ten years this time

HenryCat
20-05-12, 22:42
Hello, I am a 65 year old retired educator from the United States. I have had three depressive episodes. This third one has lasted the longest. It began two years before I retired. I am seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist on a regular basis. I am in the process of trying a new psychiatrist who I hope is more up on the latest treatments. I also suffer from anxiety and OCD.

One of the thing that helps me is volunteering to help adults learn to read or improve their reading skills. I also sing in a local choral group.

Lately, I have been very depressed and spend too much time in bed. I know that this is not good but it is one way I get some relief at times. I sometimes wonder if I am busy enough but the depression takes away my desire and energy to do more.

I try to take walks every week. I hope I can be helpful to others.

nomorepanic
20-05-12, 22:53
Hi HenryCat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
20-05-12, 23:08
Hi HenryCat & :welcome:

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I'm sure you will find it a comfort being here with others who can relate, and as you say, your experience can help too.
Take care.

Kitti :)