PDA

View Full Version : Hard bony lump on my chest!

skyisblue
21-05-12, 04:36
Hi i just found this really hard bony lump at the center of my chest. It is directly above the heart i think. So strange. Its a bit big. I dunno. I dont have any symptom or whatver.

My friend told me that its just a bone. He made me feel his chest and i could feel there was almost the same thing there on his chest. Ugh but i feel that this is not what it is supposed to be. My friend's bony thing feels like there are two but i only have one :weep:

Dos anyone have this?:weep:

waunder
21-05-12, 05:43
I really do not know Sky but it is easy to find out about. Just see your doc. That way you will not have to worry overlong.:hugs:

katielou80
21-05-12, 06:20
this post made me laugh! i stressed about this lump for months then went to the dr, its your sternam, (or however you spell it!) even my gp had a giggle. we ALL have it, but some peoples ate lumpier, its more boney when you feel it when you lay down. its absolutely fine. lol xxxx

skyisblue
21-05-12, 06:47
thank you waunder and katie.

katielou,

your reply almost made me burst into relief here at work. I googled sternum and the anatomical diagram perfectly fits the spot of the lumpy place. Ugh, it's so weird. I was just a bit freaking out because my friend's lumpy part had like 2 parts I think. I only have one. :scared15:

katielou80
21-05-12, 16:42
i only have one too!! sounds like its your friends thats weird!! ha ha!