PDA

View Full Version : Back again :(

Glitterbugs
21-05-12, 11:12
Hi all,

Sadly after doing well I am back again. I had an abusive marriage that ended a few years ago. I met a new partner who's lived with. In September we had issues because I was very low and I started on citalopram 20 and had counselling.

Both helped - the counselling was more about dealing with the issues from my marriage that affected me.

Divorce nasty and dragging and for various reasons my partner has moved out until its resolved. Still together and love each other but we have gone from ost days to once a week and I am missing him like crazy.

GP is great. Have increased citalopram to 40 a week agon but getting teeth grinding and anxiety and very low days with extreme tiredness and lack of motivation. Also just can't face food at all.

Do feel positive and up beat at times but some days just feel helpless and like I have massive mountain to climb sorting finances for divorce with very difficult ex plus missing my man in the week.

Just feel low today and also wondered if anyone else had increased citalopram in this way and how long it took to help?!

Thankyou xxx

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Today I can't even getnoutmof bed and the years won't stop. I hate this x

Beckybooboo
21-05-12, 15:06
Hi,

Im really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. Firstly, it takes courage to admit that you're going through a tough time and you're only human; so don't be too hard on yourself about it.

I too, was on citalopram and I'm going to be honest for me, they didn't really do much at all. Usually anti depressants can take around 4-6 weeks to kick in, but I went back to my GP who signed me off of work for two weeks and put me on sertraline 50mg which have been really good for me. I've experienced a slight relapse of course, but like I said life is about trial and error and it is a case of finding what works for you. Don't give up just yet.

It's a shame that you're unable to see your partner which is probably causing you more stress as all you want to do is be with him, but just remember, although this situation is difficult now, in the long run it will pay off and you will be able to be happy. This is just one of life's things and as difficult as it is to deal with, patience is a virtue and it will pay off.

Don't stress about it too much, you'll be okay. Just make sure youre strong and baring up as if its nothing.

You'll be absolutely fine. If you need anything else, give me a shout.

All the best,
Becky

Glitterbugs
21-05-12, 16:07
Thankyou becky,

I think that I may be feeling this way largely due to the side effects of the increased citalopram. I remember starting them and feeling dreadful.

Despite knowing why it doesn't stop the feelings though!

Yes, I am finding it really hard without my partner here. Although my head knows its the right thing to do, my heart wants him here! It's tough going from living together to once a week and I am missing him. Also (due to the abuse in the marriage) my self esteem is pretty low at times and despite his reassurance, I often find myself worrying that he will find someone 'better'. I know this is my problem and my way of thinking and I have to make that change.

I think the only way I am going to get stronger is by spending less time with him, at least for now. But the way I have felt today it has taken all my strength not to call him and just cry! Have had texts etc from him which were lovely but have tried not to let him know how low if feel today as I want to learn to cope with it.

Xxx

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

And I know patience is a virtue :) he says all I need is to be patient and focus on dealing with the present and the rest will follow. Not a virtue I have but am trying :) x