PDA

View Full Version : hello all. new to the forum.

missie777
21-05-12, 10:21
Hi everyone, im new to N.M.P and feeling very alone. Ive started on some new meds and was hoping to get a little support from this great forum. you all seem to be so caring!!. im 44year old mother and wife who has tried to juggle to horrible and disabiling feelings of depression for 3 years. i always thought it was mind over matter but due to the down spiral of my life i now know that was further than the truth. the new meds are my last hope to conquer this for the sake of my family and my career. hope to here anyone who can offer any reassurance and thanks:huh: x

nomorepanic
21-05-12, 10:31
Hi missie777

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MazF
21-05-12, 11:20
Hi, Missie77, welcome, i'm new here as well. I know what you're saying about trying to manage your symptoms yourself but there comes a point where that just isn't enough, i've been there. It's great that you're accessing the help you need. What i would say is please don't look on the meds as your "last hope". There are so many options out there, different types of meds, counselling. A good, understanding GP is also a bonus! It's working out what's right and works for you, we're all different! And you have this site! I have found it to be an amazing source of support. Remember, you're moving in the right direction. Good luck with everything.

missie777
23-05-12, 15:03
Hi maz thanks for the lovely warm welcome. yes your right sometimes you cant do things on your own. I suppose its natures way of saying enough is enough. I finding the forum a sense of comfort though and thank you again. xx

sazmo
23-05-12, 15:36
I just started some new meds too and am having horrible side affects. Really hoping its only short term.
My main worry is whether they are side affects or my panic attacks/depression getting worse
What are you taking?

Annip
23-05-12, 17:12
Hi I take venlafaxine 37.5mg x2 daily. When I started them I expected to feel better quickly. I was dragging myself through life, having no interest in anything, nothing I did had any enjoyment, I couldn't eat and only slept fitfully. Life was horrid. It took 8 weeks for me to feel better. I had many side effects...feeling and being sick, agitation, fast heartbeat and palpitations, but the worst was the anxirty and panic attacks and really not wanting to wake up in the morning. The panic attacks lasted on and off all day sometimes. In the end I took sleeping tablets and diazepam. Both helped eventually. I gradually came off the sleeping tablets slowly once I started to feel better , happier and less anxious. I am coming off the diazepam now.. a quarter of a tablet less each week. I also did a lot of relaxation tapes. After 6 weeks on ven my doctor wanted to up the dose but I persevered as I didn't want more side effects. At 8 weeks into the ven I felt better....it does take time and you will get ups and downs.. but they will work. Best wishes to you all annip x