PDA

View Full Version : Heart again!

honeyb
21-05-12, 10:44
I had my ecg on Friday and the nurse that did it said that she couldn't read it (Which i found bizzare) Anyway she said that she would email over to the dr and if there was anything serious they would get in touch straightaway, I haven't heard anything as yet, so i'm taking that as a good sign. I'm still getting chest pain and fluttering in my throat (which to be honest is really getting me down). I'm still convinced i have a heart problem. I had bloods done last week which have come back as normal. I have to go and see the dr on Wednesday for my results of the ecg. I'm not sure whether what i'm getting is indigestion as i'm so anxious or tense muscles, i just feel like i'm running round in circles.:weep: I'm flying out to Cuba on Friday and worrying that something will happen to be on the plane or out there. I really want and need to enjoy this holiday, but don't want to spoil it for my husband and little boy.

clareek12
21-05-12, 13:34
Doctors are very quick to respond to any problems with the heart, Im sure you would have heard news by now..

I spent weeks before my trip to France in panic about having a heart attack or something in another country...When i got there i was fine!! best i have ever felt...I was so distracted and at peace that my mind just shut off :)

Try to enjoy it, if your ecg showed anything they would be in touch...My doctor just told me last week that all ecg and chest xrays are given to head of department and checked at least 3 times :) it put my mind to rest..nothing is missed and they get in touch right away if something is wrong..

If you still cant relax then call the doctors? just ask them and explain you are worried..most are very understanding..

Try and enjoy your holiday and im sure it will do you the world of good!!

honeyb
21-05-12, 14:04
Thanks. My dr did say that he thinks it's anxiety with me, but did the tests for reassurance. He is also sending me to a cardiologist. I definately need this holiday as work has been very stressful for the last few months.

Sammy J
21-05-12, 21:58
Honeyb,

It isn't strange that the nurse couldn't read your ECG. I also do ECG's but am not trained to interperate them, it's quite common. The only people that should be reading them are doctors. I'm sure all is fine, you would have heard otherwise.

x

honeyb
22-05-12, 12:18
Thanks Sammy, i worry that an ecg will miss something though, because i've read that they don't pick up everything! I felt a little stressed when having it, but didn't get the fluttering sensation.