PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about Asos

Pinkcasi
21-05-12, 11:35
Hey, I have sufered with Depression, anxiety and self harm for many years, i have recently had a 'blip' and have been really suffereing, i am at work but it's been a struggle, my manager has refered to our occupational health people who have just switched from Capita to Asos, they are apparently going to ring me at some point, this is not a benefits assessment as i am currently managing work but according to my union rep Depression should be classed as a disability so i need a OH referal to confirm that i am infact screwed in the head.
I do not want to be declared disabled, i have been suffering mostly in silence for a great many years but everytime i have a 'breakdown' 'blip' whatever you want to call it it's a little worse than before.
So now im panicing about this referal, i've read a lot of stuff on the internet about the Asos guys being unsympathetic and throwing trick questions at you to trip you up.
So im looking for some help and guidance on how to get through this will as much of my sanity as possible in tact. Im not trying to 'scam the system' at all i just want my work to realise that on bad days I might be unable to get in on time if at all cos of the depression and/or the pills making me sleepy, and i might not be able to speak to people on the phone because of the anxiety and i need more breaks because ofthe IBS when im stressed.
Im going to speak to my Dr about this as well when i next see him but in the meantime can someone please try and put my mind at rest.

Thanks in advance