PDA

View Full Version : 1 of those days

jayred
21-05-12, 13:20
Just thought id give an update. I was doing very well up until the weekend when i started waking up with numb feeling in my little finer and the 1 next to it probably from sleeping but on and off i been thinking there is something wrong with my small finger as it has aches and feels stiff (probably from constantly moving it to test it out) then the weekend i was so tired (probably from working to hard) and then today back to work and my fingers feels really stiff and is shaking alot more then usual and its so sd but its knocked me back and my worries in my head have all started again about what neurological disease i have my number 1 and 2 are ms and parkinsons. I have been doing so well so its just frustrating its taken 1 small thing to knock me back.

Oh and my eye had a blurry tired weekend which didnt help and now i have the dizzy feeling from over thinking. Just getting to me now think im using this as a place to let it out seen as i feel dumb talking to others about it so dont mind my rant lol

clareek12
21-05-12, 13:29
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time..

I know how you feel, Woke up after months of getting a hold of my anxiety about my health but from the minute i woke up this morning i have been feeling the panic and tension..

just keep reminding yourself you are ok and if you are really worried try talk to your doctor..

Good luck, and if you need to talk or just want the distraction then give me a wee msg..we can have a mini freak out together :) sometimes it helps!!

deejay94
21-05-12, 13:33
Same thing happens with my little finger too, but I think it has something to do with my elbows. Do your elbows hurt a lot? Could also be carpal tunnel but I am not so sure on that one.

What is your line of work, by the way?

jayred
21-05-12, 13:45
Firstly thank you Clareek12 i may pop up in your pm very soon thank you for the kind words.

Hi deejay94 i work in I.T at the moment and if its any extra information i have been havign trouble with my forearms when doing pull ups of late and have felt weaker i also done bicep curls last night which my little finger felt weak and pressured but i put that done to neuro problem rather then physical in my crazy health anxiety world

deejay94
21-05-12, 13:55
"Cubital tunnel syndrome

Cubital tunnel syndrome occurs when the ulnar nerve is obstructed during its path along the cubital tunnel, the outer edge of the elbow. This compression of the nerve often leads to a tingling or 'pins and needles' sensation in the little and ring fingers. Most cases will be minor and tend to come and go with time. Common causes are sleeping with the arm folded up, so the hand is at the person's neck and the elbow is sharply bent. These people frequently wake up with tingling in the fingers, because the nerve has been pinched or squeezed while asleep. Treatment of these types of causes are easy to remedy and can involve simply altering sleeping positions to avoid aggravating the elbow area. In more extreme cases however where tingling is persistent, surgery is an option to move the nerve away from the area.
Although the nerve can be entrapped in several places near the elbow, the cubital tunnel is the most common."

I think this may be your problem (Thanks wikipedia :3)

jayred
22-05-12, 10:36
Thanks i will leave it and let it rest then see what happens. I do rest on that elbow when lying down and have pains every now and again and i sleep on that side funny so makes alot of sense thank you again