PDA

View Full Version : Woke up to a world of panic!!

clareek12
21-05-12, 13:26
Im having a rough morning, woke up to a nervous and flushing feeling through my chest..stomach has been churning all morning.

It's that horrible cold flush, lucky i have the doctors today as i have been having my classic "oh no..im having a heart attack" freak outs...

I smoke..I know its wrong and i have cut down ALOT and being someone who suffers from anxiety thats not easy!!

But I have had chest pains since before christmas when i had a bad chest infection..it's all started since then really..

Anyway i just need to rant and calm myself down a tad...keeping it together so far!

Any tips for keeping calm and helping relax? would like to hear how other deal with it?
:blush:

Jules147
21-05-12, 13:40
7/11 breathing exercises, tensing and relaxing each of your muscles in turn. Go for a walk and practise the breathing along the way. Create alternative scenarios for your darkest thoughts.

What is the worst thing that could happen?

How likely is that?

What is the most likely outcome?

Instead of being aware of yourself and every tiny little sensation or feeling, be aware of your surroundings, the progress of the leaves sprouting on the trees, the white flowers on the hawthorne, the sound of bird song. Try to count the number of different sounds you hear, not just bird song but other sounds and noises too. Look up at the sky but don't stare at the sun. Take in the smells of spring and other smells. Observe any insects.

Breathe in that Fresh spring air. Slowly. Exhale even more slowly.

It's a nice day today in England and tomorrow will be warmer. Enjoy it.

clareek12
21-05-12, 13:49
Thats great advice..apart from the walk (Im up in wet and windy scotland)

Ill try that, Home alone today so I really need the help...it's been a while since i have had this kind of feeling..

I know, I have the doctors for my check up in an hour..so hopefully ill relax once thats over and done with.

Thanks alot for the advice..means alot people take the time to listen.

x