PDA

View Full Version : My mothers affair!! concerned about my kids

Leesha
10-07-06, 10:57
Hi if anyone has some advice for my problem that would be great.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible, here's the jist of things, my mother started having an affair when I was 7 and left home for the other man for a brief period leaving me and my brother with my dad. She came back after about 6 weeks (I think they ran out of money!) and mum and dad were going to have another go at their marrage...or so she said, that was 28 years ago and her affair has continued ever since!! In the past year the family have all found out that she has met another man and started another affair with him (he is probably one of many??!) she will not admit to anything and has been lying constantly for all these years. I am convinced that this is the cause for my anxiety and panic dissorder.
I was told by my councellor back in March this year to distance myself from her as she is making it difficult for me to get better, and I feel that enough is enough and I don't really want anything to do with her any more. I have felt better in myself over the past 5 weeks (I haven't seen or spoken to her since I walked into a pub and found her with this other man 5 weeks ago and she still tried to say that nothing is going on).
Anyway my concern is for my 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter as at the end of the day it is their granny, I would be happy to get on with my life and never see her again but I don't know what to do about the kids?? are they better off without her? (by the way she is very unreliable as she used to leave me and my brother on our own in parks, swimming pools, cinemas, you name it while she went to meet her man).
Any advice welcome
Love Leesha. (sorry if I've rambled, could have written a book about it!)

Leesha
11-07-06, 09:35
Thanks for the advice Lucy,

Just to add that no she hasn't made any attempt to contact her grandchildren for the last 5 weeks now (my brother also has 2 children and she hasn't made any contact with them either) so I'm thinking that it's best to let sleeping dogs lie as the children don't mention her any more.

Thanks again and I am just going to get on with my life now a put an end to that chapter of my life.

Hope you feel ok about your situation now as it sounds like you've had a rough time in the past. Do you still have contact with your mum now as I know how difficult it is to get along with someone who you have such issues with.

Take Care
Love Leesha.