PDA

View Full Version : shadow of my former self

leoleo
21-05-12, 18:44
Hi everyone im 29 and im from south london

After being out of work for nearly 2 years I managed to get myself a work trial as a sales negotiator. I had done recruitment before and business sales for t-mobile so felt confident about this new opportunity. But then the night before the trial. I ended up getting no sleep due to mad anxiety and rushing thoughts all night , no matter what i did they came back turned on music , done press ups , watched tv , spoke on skype to a few people nothing really helped take my mind of it.

So after an all nighter with just me and my crazy stimulated mind I travelled to the new workplace it seemed to calm down when i got on the tram and then seemed even calmer when i arrived and felt really good about myself remembering how vibrant I was at previous jobs ect chatting and being bubbly to the other work trialists and my mentor . Then out the blue about an hour into a group assesment these crazy anxious negative thoughts rushed back and negative feelings just took over and I just didnt know what to do I felt a panic attack coming on and asked if i could speak to the guy hosting the assesment outside he was the one who also offered me a trial position and I had to explain to him that I had to leave due to fear of a panic attack. At this point I felt so uncomfortbale being there I did not see the point of saying I need to take a walk to clear my head be back in 5 mins ect.

I just couldnt work out what triggered it ect cos everything seemed to be going well at one point apart from the no sleep of course lol

nomorepanic
21-05-12, 18:55
Hi leoleo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.