PDA

View Full Version : hello

gld88
21-05-12, 22:22
I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since I was 18 (am 24 now). I had panic attacks almost daily for about 6 months, was put on anti depressants and beta blockers and counselling but nothing worked. They eventually stopped by themselves. I was still occasionally getting chest pains and was still worried about everything but at least my panic attacks had stopped.

I have had two children with no signs of attacks but just this week I have had two small attacks. I am absolutely gutted and really dont want to go back to the way I was. My family and partner are great but I dont think he understands at all the seriousness of them.

My partner works nights and that is when I usually get attacks so I am so worried.

I was diagnosed with General anxiety disorder but I think I also have health anxiety :(

Hoping to find people to talk to who know what I am going through or at least have some idea.

gem :)

nomorepanic
21-05-12, 22:32
Hi gld88

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

joshooo
23-05-12, 12:12
Welcom to you

BobbyDog
23-05-12, 15:42
Hi Gem,
You don't have to suffer in silence anymore.
I have only been a member of NMP about a month and it has helped me immensely.

Welcome:welcome: