PDA

View Full Version : heart skipped and body jolts

Wilkes
22-05-12, 08:54
Been having this on and off for a few months now, trying to ignore it. but last night i went to bed and got two in a row, made my body do this weird jolt thing like an electric shock, now I'm worried that it will happen to me today at any point and i won't be able to deal with it as i think it will be the death of me. i have had extensive heart checks before,(all normal) but with my HA i keep thinking its something new. does anyone else get this??

Morag130
22-05-12, 13:27
Hey,

I get this and had it for 6 years now and only recently got diagnosed with PVC thanks to my 5th monitor picking up the Eptopic beats!

There is a section on NMP that teaches you about palpitations and Eptopic beats, and generally you have absolutely nothing to worry about. But defo consult your GP on the matter.

When I have eptopics some times I get 4 in a row and yes in the moment it's very very scary and when you jolt that's you reacting!

I beleive my anxiety brought this all on for me being a very anxious person. But defo consult your doctor if this is all new sensations to you x

emmasaurus
22-05-12, 13:40
Yes, I get this too. Pretty disturbing, isn't it? And yes, I also always think, 'this time it's different. This time it's serious. This time I'm going to die.' You're certainly not alone, but as above - if it's something new, or you're especially concerned, consult your GP. HA's tough to beat, but it can be beaten.

dnf03
22-05-12, 14:38
hi
ive had this for 15 years since i was a 16
i get a jolt that goes from my head right down my right hand side of my body making my leg jolt
often get it when im trying to get to sleep or anxious(it happens a dozen times or more when im at the dentist)
its one of the worst aspects of my anxiety but i know its not serious as ive had them so long