View Full Version : Headache

hypozak
22-05-12, 11:55
Does anyone get headaches randomly and even after sleeping it doesn't go away,

Any ideas,

Im guessing anxiety

MazF
22-05-12, 11:58
Hi, Hypozak, i get headaches fairly frequently that hang around for a day or two. I have really bad eyesight though and have put them down to that. It is possible that anxiety may cause muscle tension which can subsequently cause headaches. If they're persistent or becoming more intense i'd always advise having a chat with your GP.

jayred
22-05-12, 12:00
Yeah i get them just above my right eye its normally a mix of anxiety and the fact i dont wear glasses when im meant to. There frustrating to say the least but go away.

hypozak
22-05-12, 12:03
Yeah same here im meant to be wearing glasses, and im quite often on the computer screen.

spuder
22-05-12, 12:08
i get loads of headaches every day it could be stress

jayred
22-05-12, 12:13
YEah me to the computer screen and so on will all cause headaches so i doubt anything to worry about but as with all things if it really gets to you or continues then no harm getting checked out but just believe what they tell you

Jules147
22-05-12, 12:20
When I was suffering I could go to bed with a tension headache and wake up with one :(

Mine were accompanied by muscle tension, especially in the neck. My wife could sometimes make the headache and muscle tension go away by massaging my neck.and back. A phone call from my GP, when he told me that the cause of my headache was tension, was enough to ease it, at least for a while.

Sometimes the headache was on both sides but often it was mainly over my right eye.

hypozak
22-05-12, 16:58
yeah it is accompanied by neck pain so another reason could be that. necks been stiff for like a month and a bit only before that it use to come and go had x ray seemed normal doc also felt my neck and back said it seems fine. really want the neck pain to go away

Jules147
22-05-12, 18:07
If the neck is stiff it is definitely tension.

It is your body's natural defence to a threat from a predator. The neck is where the spine is most vulnerable, so faced with such a threat the muscles around the back of your neck stiffen to reinforce your spine. If you watch wildlife programmes you will have seen the lion attack the zebra by going for its neck.

It is also why you see the hackles rise behind a dog's head when it goes into fight mode.

It is all natural fight/flight/freeze syndrome stuff.

Knowing that tension is the cause will hopefully result in the tension going away along with your headache and neckache.

Are you sleeping properly at night?

Make sure that you are getting plenty of uninterrupted sleep at night and be reassured that there is no cause for your headache and neckache other than tension. I can say this with confidence if your doctor has checked you over as you say.

Practise 7/11 breathing and muscle relaxation exercises. Sit or lie comfortably, flex then release each of your muscles in turn including your toes, leg muscles, stomach, arms, fists, neck and face muscles including your eyebrows.

hypozak
22-05-12, 19:13
Thank you jules... Amazing answer :) now to just eradicate this anxiety

Jules147
22-05-12, 19:22
Sleep?

If you are having sleeping problems get a short term prescription (probably Zopliclone) from your GP to break the tension-sleep deprivation-tension cycle.

Ask for a referral for CBT too. It does work if you do as you are told!

turnthelighton
23-05-12, 11:21
Hi, read some of my posts. I had a headache solid for three months. All down to anxiety and stress. If you have been to your doctor and all is ok, then do try some of the relaxation techniques. I also found that drinking peppermint tea helped but the biggest help was going to see an ostoepath, who sorted out my neck etc.