PDA

View Full Version : Had a panic-attack from smoking weed think ive developed anxiety, please help!

vastsupernova
22-05-12, 14:45
Hey everyone, It`s been close to 2 and a half months ago now since i had a panic-attack from smoking 2 joints of weed and i feel i still haven`t fully recovered from that night.

I`m a 20yr old male, never been to a doctors or hospital before to know if i have any physical or mental disorders, i once in a blue moon drink alchahol and don`t smoke cigarette's or do any other drugs just smoked weed for the second time that night and ended up getting rapid heartbeat that scared the crap out of me i was so scared i didnt know what to do.

For some reason i lost control of my body like i could only try to tell it to go outside an get some fresh air as it walked around on it`s own for a good 40seconds i end up hallucinating that a shadowy figure was trying to kill me when in my mind knew wasn't really there

at that point i thought i was just going to drop dead with fear a few moments later while this is happening out of the blue i just feel like physically hurting the people anyone who lived near me which is just ****ed up because i`m still getting those feelings , i eventually make it back to my house and end up puking into my sink until i pass-out, ever since then i havent felt the same like ive lost something or the way i thinks changed.

So here are the after effects that i am still getting and ones that have went away.

..Always thinking about hurting friends, pets, and family members who live with me physically whenever i`m near them which upsets me and i feel so guilty about i know i would never do it it just upstes me that it even crossed my thoughts.
..Suicidle thoughts, at times i just think i`d be better of dead than dealing with the confusion an pain i`m battling
..My hands left hand/wrist kept shaking for the first 2 days
..My mind felt slow and my head felt cloudy/drowsy like lasted about 2 weeks after-wards
..Feeling i may have a panic attack again
..Thinking somethings wrong with me
..Feeling like i`m stuck in a dream and need to wake up because the world i`m living in is fake (this came out of nowhere around 1 month in but it`s gone now)
..Not wanting to get out of bed, speak to anyone go or do anything because im constantly worrying and know ive got to put up with constant boring worrying all-day
..I had a terrible headache that finally after 2 months went yesterday night it did hurt around the front an top of my head
..Blurred vision/Tunnel vision making me unable to concentrate also hurts my eyes an makes me squint every time i try to look at a tv or computer screen

After looking online at symptoms me personally i think i might have either 1 or more of these OCD, Anxiety, Depression, Bi-polar disorder, really i`m hoping anyone of you could tell me or give some advice on how to get over this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So i went to my local doctors yesterday was given a prescription for Citalopram 20mg tablets.
all i really can remember is him blaming the weed an telling me that its in the past forget about it or something like that i have a crappy memory... anyway gonna pick up the tablets sometime from the pharmacy an see what happens from there.

maz55
22-05-12, 14:58
Hi Hun, This happened to me as well, I used to smoke pot (not frequently) and out of the blue one day wham panic attack just after a smoke, havent smoked since, but yes it can give you everything you describe, panic paranoia, shakes etc, the doc is right it is in the past, try the Citilopram, and see if it helps, and above all forgive yourself.Hugs and good luck