PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about lymphoma?

anxietyoverload
22-05-12, 14:49
Im thinking of going to my docs about the lump in my neck, the last time i went for my pill i mentioned it and he didnt even feel it so i kind of didnt put my mind at rest.

The only thing i could think it would if it was anything serious would be lymphoma? but i dont really know anything about it.

My lump only moves slightly if you touch it gently.if you press down you can feel that the lump is attached at the bottom so it doesnt move fully.

If it was anything serious, would it be completely rock hard and not move at all, as i dont really want to go back to my docs! i feel so so silly!

thanks again, and sorry for moaning on :) xx

geishagirl
22-05-12, 18:55
Hi
I have had very recently a lymphoma scare. If it moves IT IS NOT lymphoma.
I had a hard non mobile large armpit lump which had an ultrasound and was just an enllarged lymph node but nothing that concerned them.

Please do not worry. I have two in my neck just under chin which move and Dr said this was fine.

If it gets bigger or harder then get another look but please rest it is fine xxx

anxietyoverload
22-05-12, 21:21
Thanks for that! It moves not loads but it does move! I would of gone to my docs if it.wasn't for your comment, I don't know where It's come from, it definatly secured Down though xx

geishagirl
23-05-12, 10:49
hi hun

I am not a GP so if it really bothers you then it is always worth double checking but from my experience (that involves speaking to a lymphoma oncologist and a consultant radiologist) a lymphoma wont move at all not even a bit.

x

anxietyoverload
23-05-12, 10:58
yea it moves a little, im not sure what it is im going to try not playing with it and hopefully it will go down a bit, its probably always been there and iv only just noticed cause i had a bite near it x

geishagirl
23-05-12, 11:03
I have had a swollen neck gland for 12 years. Dr told me sometimes they never go back down so dont freak :) xxxx

trust me I paid hundreds going private over nothing lol