PDA

View Full Version : An interesting way to look at anxiety symotoms

Anxious_gal
23-05-12, 04:20
They are the same symptoms you'd get if you were working out, running,playing a sport etc...

The adrenaline, the dizziness, the pounding heart, the sweating, the feeling too hot, the feeling faint, the heavy breathing or breathlessness...

Thinking about it this way makes me feel calming.

If I had been for a run all these symptoms would seem totally normal, but in the absence of exercise they are scary anxiety symptoms.

waunder
23-05-12, 04:38
So true it is just a change in your mindset that can mae the difference. I had no one to help me see this.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

:yesyes:

BobbyDog
23-05-12, 15:55
How we react to the change in our Phisiology because of the adranaline rush.
I understand this, but still panic.:D

Beckybooboo
23-05-12, 16:06
Hi,

I totally agree. It's all about the eye that we look at it with.

If we look at things more rationally, then surely we're able to understand them more that these are normal responses to those things, however, ours just peak more than others?

Wanttofeelbetter
01-06-12, 07:35
When in a rational moment, I know all my anxiety is ridiculous, but when the anxiety grips, my mind is blinkered and all I can do is panic.

rockydog
01-06-12, 08:41
I wish it was as simple as some people describe too, but its very difficult to seperate yourself from your instinctive feelings and look at it as if you are looking on at these symptoms. Your bodies reactions affect your mind.
I also wish this philosophy worked for other symptoms like waking up with a feeling of dread nothing makes that seem ok, or a general nevousness all day .... so tricky :)