PDA

View Full Version : Are my symptoms normal?!

samantha3004
23-05-12, 04:21
Hello,
I'm new here and I could really use some help!
For the past 3 years I have suffered from SEVIER panic and anxiety attacks. I'm just wondering if some of the symptoms I have are normal during a panic attack, of it it's something more serious?

Here are the worst symptoms I suffer from during an attack:
- heart palpitations
- racing heart beat
- abdominal pain
- constantly having to use the washroom
- dizziness
- lightheaded
- sweaty palms
- extremely hot feet (to the point where I have to put them in ice water)
- chest tightness
- and an overall feeling of dread, fear and hopelessness

Hope someone can help!
thanks

waunder
23-05-12, 04:35
These are all common symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks. If you look on the side bar to the left you can click on panic and it has a lot on there. Also on here are so many coping strategies helping, It is terrific and amazing for helping you gain on this terrifying illness.:)

SLjimbo
24-05-12, 00:09
You're not alone! I get some of those same symptoms too. The ones that are bothersome for me are lightheadness, dizziness, and abdominal pain.

But at least I know I'm perfectly healthy (just had a physical recently for crying out loud!) :D

kittikat
24-05-12, 00:44
Yep....classic anxiety/panic symptoms....are you getting any help with this from your doctor or a therapist? Knowledge and understanding is power, and once you understand why all these symptoms occur, it's the first step to accepting and learning to deal with it and eventually having the power to overcome it.

Kitti :)

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 00:45
Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/