PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

micropanther
23-05-12, 09:05
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself. Just recently been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Depression, after 20+ years of thinking it was just depression. Though the Dr said that the depression is down to the anxiety!

I'm virtually a recluse, and have no life at all. No social life, social activities, and cannot hold down a job due to my anxiety. I've tried different medications, CBT, and regular counselling, as well as having blood tests done, and nothing has helped. I am now under psychiatric services at my local Doctors, and upon me explaining that I'm even too tired to do simple tasks or tests, they're going to think outside the box (what that means I don't know!).

So that has given me a lot of hope :) It's just finding the energy to keep the appointments. I'm really happy to have found this site, done a lot of lurking and always come here to read the tips and forums when I feel the anxiety is really bad.

My living situation is hard at the moment, because our next door neighbours aren't very nice people. My Dad has tried to talk to them, but he just got rebuffed :/ So we're hoping to move soon, because their complaining is making the anxiety bad. As well as the walls being paper thin and too much noise!

I'm very anxious this morning, because of banging doors... there's me thinking it's my fault because I woke up at 3am and was moving around, making a drink :( *sighs* deep breaths! Sorry for the waffling lol

Veronica H
23-05-12, 09:10
:welcome:to NMP. This is a friendly place with good information and support.

xV

nomorepanic
23-05-12, 09:16
Hi micropanther

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.