PDA

View Full Version : I just need some friends

katyfitz
10-07-06, 15:40
Hi guys, im sorry for always posting and if im taking up lots of space im just feeling very scared right now.
Basically everyday i live with a constant feeling of unreality and feeling ill and i just dont feel i can cope anymore, when i say ill i mean

Lightheaded
Hot flushes
When i walk i get out of breathe which makes me feel dizzy
I get this motion sicky feeling like im on a boat and about to be sick
Tight chest
Pins and needles
and i could go on and on.

Ive been this way since september last year so almost a year and my docs been a real help uping my meds and just trying to reasure me, but living with a lightheaded faint feeling alot is scary cause u think tumours cancer brain tumour etc etc and my mind does overdrive.

Does anyone else understand where im coming from? i feel so alone.

Im in work and long for the hours to pass because i fear im gonna pass out and thats my ultimate fear BIG TIME.

does anyone else get the faint feeling?

Also i sometimes see floaters in my eyes like when i look to the sky these circle things are folowing my eyesight and when i googled it last night it said they could be minor or something serious and thats made me scared

sorry for going on and on but pls take time to talk to me x

emma chant
10-07-06, 15:48
Hi Katy,
I get same syptons as you have listed so your not alone.
I also sometimes feel faint when i stand up.
REMEMBER you have got loads of mates on this site.
With love
xxx[:X]

e chant

Daisybun
10-07-06, 15:48
Hi Katy, you're symptoms are horrible I know, but believe me they are all linked to your anxiety. Have you read Claire Weeks book, it explains why we get these feelings. I so understand where you are coming from but it is the anxiety, your dr has reassured you and you just need to remember that. You are not alone, we all have similar things that bother us too. Try some ginger for the dizziness and nausea. I have had floaters too, had them for years and I'm OK. Hope you feel better soon

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

ceecee
10-07-06, 15:50
hi katy,i know exactley how you feel hun my symptoms are the same!those floaters are harmless HONESTLY!!!i,ve had them for before.do you notice them more when you look at a bright background?these are totally harmless do not worry about them and you will stop noticing them.by biggest fear too is that i,m going to faiint but i do try not to worry!!!(easier said than done!!!!)when you walk and get out of breath its because you are anxious and your heartbeat is faster than it would normally be!!!just try to set off from home a little bit earlier so you don,t have to rush.katy you will be fine i get these symptoms too but because we are sooo scared of them they hang around so much longer.take care and feel free to 0pm me anytime rachelx x x x

Dan
10-07-06, 16:01
i can relate to almost everything you said
i had the dizziness for months but it did pass now i have good days and not so good ones but i believe this is an impovement and the only way is up
try to really believe its all anxiety and not something sinister easier said than done but we have to persevere i sometimes feel really lonely too so we can be lonely together if you want
hope you feeling abit better
Dan

Children_of_God
10-07-06, 16:09
hi, my names michelle n im 20, i feel this way all the time too. i get unrealness every day and some times its so intense i dont know how to cope with it. if youd like to talk my emal address is PixieDustUK86@yahoo.co.uk or add me on msn Dont_Under_Estimate_Me@hotmail.co.uk take care hun, xxx.[8)]

Piglet
10-07-06, 16:19
Katy we spoke on msn yesterday - hope you are feeling better today and your cold isnt too bad.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

manmoor
10-07-06, 16:29
Hi Katy,

Aw hun your symptoms are so like mine. I so sympathise with you and agree with Daisy Claire Weekes has been a tremendous help to me.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

ollie35
10-07-06, 17:00
Hi Katy,

How many times you post is not important, it is a cry for help from someone who is desperate to feel better.

Please do listen to people and what they say, the floaters I had them and with acceptence they went, these are nothing at all, we have muscles in our eyes and being anxious can help play slight tricks with our vision, like there is a haze at times also, it is so nothing to worry about.

Katy you are just in an anxious cycle at the moment, you are worrying about the very symptoms that your worrying is producing. Worrying just adds to our feelings of unreality and anxiety. You need to learn more about why you feel like you do, so as to take some fear out of it, then you can try and improve the worry cycle. I would love to be able to say there is a magic sentence or a magic pill, but there is not, but you can so improve the way you feel by your attitude towards your symptoms.

Trust me they are all down to anxiety, nothing else. I know you find this hard to believe at times, I did when I suffered, I cried nearly every night over how I felt, but I know far more now and half my job helping people is getting them to trust in what you say. Anxiety magnifies everything, little problems become massive, try and let your worrys go, your habit is to worry at the moment, but like all habits this can be reversed.

What I used to do was wake ion a morning with all my negative thoughts and feelings and just go with them, let them be there put pay them no respect. This helped me straight away, it broke a lot of the worry cycle up as I just accepted the day However I felt. Your body reacts to your thought pattern and the more we worry the worse we feel, the more self-pity we have the more down we can start to become, the more we think the more our mind tires, causing us to feel unreal and detached from ourselves.

Do read clare weekes Book it is very good, we need to start to help you take some fear out of how you are feeling so we can slow the worry cycle, this way you can start to move forward. I know it is hard with anxiety and feelings of panic not to worry, but after my recovery I know what a useless emotion this is we possess.

If you would like a copy of the book I wrote on my recovery Katy I can email you the ebook free of charge, if you think it may help just p.m me.

Take care though Katy I know how you feel it can be a lonely place, but as I found out there is hope for us all.

Your friend

Paul

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Wenjoy
10-07-06, 17:10
Hiya katy

We have all beeen where you are now and as Paul says - just accept and acknowledge your anxiety - shake hands withit and then get on with what you were doing - that way you are just accepting not fighting . I know its easier said than done and the number of times Ive walked out of sh ops etc when panicking but yoj should be sooooo proud of yourself - you are explaining yourself brilliantly on the site and that shows great integrity and we all know you can do it - be strong and feel free to pm me anytime.
Love wenjoy x

mandg
10-07-06, 17:55
Katy, I know exactly how you feel. Some days I feel better but like today I just felt I couldn't cope any more. I think it's worse if you are tired. I had a cry in the loos at work today and felt really awful. I have been like this before and recovered before, you will get better eventually and you will be able to enjoy life again.

take care, we are all there with you

Mandy