PDA

View Full Version : colouring in helps me to keep calm and be sleepy

geishagirl
23-05-12, 13:13
Hi Guys

I am suffering from major health anxiety right now. I have some maths coursework to do prior to my teacher training course in September. I have just spent 2 hrs colouring in cubes and I feel very relaxed and my BPM has dropped to a nice stable level!!

so maybe try a colouring book and pencils as it is a good distraction x

neowallace
23-05-12, 14:52
Hi Geishagirl

Interesting I might give that a try. I will keep you posted on how I get on..

:)Steven...

BobbyDog
23-05-12, 15:18
Wish I had of thought of that, excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

geishagirl
23-05-12, 15:58
sounds weird but i had to colour 20 4x4x4 cubes and all in different colours. After 20 mins or so I found myself relaxed and my heart rate settling a little.

Going to make the husband buy me a ton of kids colouring books from asda tonight and see if doing it before bed helps!!

I know for some extreme anxiety it may not do the job but it settled me during my lunch hr. xxx:)

emsie
26-05-12, 13:40
Hi, I use this technique quite often as it does shift your focus to something else. I also am having therapy for my problems and because I find it difficult to open up my therapist made me do some colouring and spoke to me when I was doing that and I really opened up without the worry of what I was saying and she gained a good insight to me!

yorkylover
26-05-12, 16:23
I do colouring!!!!!

I got some colouring books from the works shop and garden center.They are more for older children or adults.I love doing them.I started when I got really bad anxiety and they do relax you.I think you may be able to get them in asda.Country scenes,and flowers etc.:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

lauz_lea
28-05-12, 08:38
I find colouring in helps me focus and calm down too - when I was really bad a few months ago I found I needed to do something with my daughter that we could do in doors or in bed and thankfully she's at that age where she really enjoys colouring in. It's become one of those things we do together quite often now and it really focuses my attention and quites my mind.

shotokansho
28-05-12, 12:45
I love colouring too. I also love doing paint by numbers and jigsaw puzzles. It's so relaxing. I didn't know they had a good range of colouring books at asda, might pop down there when I get paid and get some. If you have the patience, jigsaw puzzles are a great way to relax. Problem is I can't put it down when I start one and I can easily get a 1000 piece one done in a day...then I'm out to buy more! lol