PDA

View Full Version : Pulsating ears

bashley
23-05-12, 17:07
Hi I keep getting this awful thing, I can hear my heartbeat in my ear it gets worse when trying to sleep, when going up stairs and walking fast. I'm waiting to see a counsellor as I have a history of depression and health anxiety. My main fear is my heart, I've had tests, but still believe I have a problem with my heart. I've looked on google and the ear symptoms seem to point to heart probs. can this be to do with anxiety or something else. I have had lots of stress lately, moving house etc my head also hurts feels like it will explode through pressure.

:wacko:

November
24-05-12, 22:10
Hey
Although it's quite worrying and scary to experience this your not alone I had surgery on my ears last september and every since I have suffered with pulsating tinitus the first few times I had it I was convinced something terrible was wrong but now I'm used to it I think in the majority of cases it's just one of those things some people experience and others don't. I have an appointment with my ent doctor in July and will be asking then but try not to worry too much about it I've had it for nearly a year now and I'm still here. But if your worried speak to your doctor x

JaneC
24-05-12, 23:37
As November says, it sounds like pulsatile tinnitus. I get it at night. It isn't harmful.

AngelHeart
24-05-12, 23:54
I've had pulsitile tinnitus on and off for 6 years. It can definatly be a sign of stress/anxiety. Mine gets worse the more stress I'm under then when I relax it disapears. xx

PinkRoxy
28-05-12, 10:58
I use to get that pulsating ear thing as a child. I remember mentioning it to my mum and she had no clue what it was. I dont tend to get it as much now but I think it was associated with ear ache. I get random tinnitus too every once in a blue moon.

But yeah I was always wondering what that was too its weird aye. Do you find when it does pulse like that you get horrible ear ache?