PDA

View Full Version : Back from holidays

Coni
10-07-06, 16:45
Hi everyone,

I've never posted in success stories before but I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm just back from two weeks in Spain and despite my pre holiday panic, it was great!

The plane didnt crash (obviously!!). Nobody got ill or died, we didnt lose the tickets....in fact none of my fears came true (surprise eh!)

I really enjoyed it and am now absolutely shattered lol! I even went on a HUGE roller coaster!!!!

Also had my dreaded job interview this morning. Almost didnt go, felt sick with fear, but with the help of rescue remedy forced myself through it and guess what....I got the job!

I'm so chuffed I cant describe it. A good couple of weeks all in all!

Going out for dinner now to celebrate.

Thanks to you all for your support.

Coni X

chucklehound
10-07-06, 16:57
Well done for going on holiday, thats great news and WELL DONE for getting the job!!!!:D[^]

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Coni
10-07-06, 23:09
Thanks Chuckle....I cant tell you how pleased I am about the job particularly. My current workplace was the cause of so much of my anxiety and depression and my confidence has been so shot to bits I cant believe I've finally got the opportunity to move on. Its like being released from prison lol!

Take care
Coni X

emmy
11-07-06, 00:03
well done coni hope you had a great meal you deserve it
get a good rest it does take a lot out of you..

be proud and well done again

emily xxxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

giddy
11-07-06, 07:10
Congratulations on the new job Coni - fantastic news and I'm so glad you had a great holiday:D
Love Helen

Coni
11-07-06, 07:23
Hi Emily and Helen,

thanks a lot for your messages. I had a great time last night. The kids were so funny and everyone was in such a good mood....theyre so delighted for me. We laughed so much my sides were sore....I cant remember the last time I laughed so much or felt so relieved.

I'm going to tell my boss today that I'm leaving, which will be such a good feeling. Only thing is I now feel I should lie and say I've enjoyed my time there and I'm sorry to go so I dont leave with bad feeling. I cant believe I'm such a wimp...my boss has made my life hell for the last two years and I want to spare her feelings????

Anyway 4 weeks and I'll be gone which will be such a good feeling!

Thanks again for your thoughts

Coni X

polly daydream
11-07-06, 22:35
Well done Coni and congratulations on getting your job, glad you had a fab holiday. It's always nice to hear of someone having some success. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Best wishes,

Polly x

nomorepanic
11-07-06, 22:53
Coni

Oh wow - I love posts like this - it lifts my spirits.

A huge well done to you - what a fab holiday away

Well done you!

Nicola

pips
12-07-06, 10:29
Coni,

What can a say but a HUGE MASSIVE WELL DONE HUN! Congratulations on the holiday and getting the job. I'm so pleased for you.

All the best,

Take Care,

Loadsa Love,

Pip's X X X X

emmy
12-07-06, 13:57
you will feel on top of the world when u hand your notice in i did when i left my job last year and i also lied on my notice lol glade i not only one..

all the best and keep it up

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

Coni
12-07-06, 20:52
Thank you all so much for your good wishes! I must admit I still feel great! I have officially handed in my resignation now...its a done deed...I dont think Ive stopped grinning once.

The support from you all on here means a lot...dont think I would have been half as brave about the holiday or the interview if it hadnt been for the support and advice from everyone here over the last few months (I almost pulled out of the interview at the last minute but 'JFDI' kept coming back to me lol!)

Thank you all again!

Coni X

kate
12-07-06, 23:01
WELL DONE CONI!!!

Glad it went so well for you.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Karen
13-07-06, 00:13
Congratulations on the new job.

Well done for going on holiday and not only surviving but also having a good time.

Great progress Coni.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Southern_Belle
13-07-06, 14:50
Coni,

So happy for you on the holiday, job and now going out for dinner too. Wow so many things to be happy about! Good for you. (and a roller coaster too, my goodness!)

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

manmoor
13-07-06, 16:57
Hi Coni,

Wow so many positives for you. Excellent news Im so pleased for youx

Take Care

Mandy

xx

RunsFromBugs
13-07-06, 17:11
Wow a long vacation, plane trip and a job interview. I'm very impressed! Good job!

Coni
13-07-06, 20:35
Hi guys,

thanks again for taking time to respond to my post. Your messages really make me smile. This site and all you guys are worth your weight in gold!

I'm still feeling good....this is the best I've felt in ages....like I really have turned the corner.

You're all so kind and so wise....I wish there was some way I could repay the kindness and support shown on here. I know its said often but this really is a fantastic site, and Nic and all the others, you should be very proud of what you've achieved.

Coni x

panicdiva
17-07-06, 23:23
Well done Coni!!! I know what a great feeling it is as I just came back from holiday too. So, are you booked for next year yet?!?

Coni
18-07-06, 07:36
Hi Panicdiva,

Glad you enjoyed your hols! No we've not booked yet....I think we'll holiday in the UK next year. I cant bear the thought of any more sunshine at the moment!! I'm melting in this heat.

How did you cope with the heat in Florida?

Coni x

panicdiva
18-07-06, 11:47
I loved the heat Coni. Of course the fact that the villa, the car & all the restaurants are air conditioned did help. Here it is so lovely & hot too, but I'm not keen on it being hot & muggy in the house. Still, at least it's great weather.