PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

LilysMummy
23-05-12, 18:36
Hello, has anyone ever had a sharpe pain in the middle of there chest?? i was so worried i was having a heart attacks, and today my chest is feeling weird and feeling like i cant breath properly.. does anyone else every feel weird from the hot weather? thanks.

JonnyWoolven
23-05-12, 20:40
Hi there :) I'm 16 years old and just coming out of an 8 month anxiety disorder, alot of my anxiety was focused on my heart and was horrible, I'd check it once every ten minutes if not more to check it, things came to mind like 'why is it beating this fast im only sitting down' or 'oh no its beating hard' or 'ouch whats that pain is it a heart attack?!' but what I do now is check it twice a day and no more and STICK TO IT, however much it hurts or if you do get palpitations if you've had your checks don't touch. And also yeah, here in Durham it's been red hot and you feel weird cuz you're checking if you do, same with me today i felt so strange but i thought, shut up it's anxiety and look im still alive :) hope this helps X

countrygirl
23-05-12, 22:48
I get inflammation of the muscles between ribs and this gives me knife like stinging pains usualy either in the left or right hand side of my chest, also it can happen right in the middle where the rib attaches to the sternum. With me it is stabbing stabbing pain in one place lasting a few mintues then goes but will come back many times a day for up to 2 weeks.

In the past like you I was terrified it was my heart but my Dr for my benefit one day did the blood test that would tell you if you had had a heart attack and it of course it was negative. I have had this on and off for past 15 years.

ann88
23-05-12, 22:56
A cardiologist once told me that sharp pains in the chest are not heart related. Heart pains feel different to this. Hope this reassures you a bit. :)