PDA

View Full Version : a success today (kind of)

littleredhen
23-05-12, 21:02
so today I went to a keep fit class, on my own and for the first time in years. I am overweight and unfit so this is long-overdue. (even though I swim 1k nearly every morning!).

I got there early so that I could check the place out and not ahve to walk into a room full of people. this was not particuarly the best tactic because it meant that i was sitting there by myself for 15 minutes watching all the other ladies walk in, joking and laughing with each other. I felt very lonely and alienated and had to virtually hold on to the wall to stop myself running out. However, I didn't.

It was a zumba class, so very upbeat - but this in itself cause me a problem because I get panic with adrenaline too - so I had a few quiet tears half way through the class, but i guess it was a good job I was so red in the face and sweating anyway!

anyway, not really sure what I am expressing here, but the two women on either side of me were very friendly and joked with me in between tracks and both said they hoped I enjoyed it and that they'd see me next week. So i kind of feel good about that. I cried when I got home though!

Oh the highs and lows!

LRH

Elen
23-05-12, 21:12
Awww hen, well done honey, waiting there took some guts.

Great that people were friendly, give it a few weeks and it will be you laughng and joking on the way in.

Tears are natural after the stress of going to the class so I wouldnt worry about them.

Elen

theharvestmouse
23-05-12, 21:13
Well done, it takes courage to do that, so you are right to be proud of yourself!:)

Beckybooboo
23-05-12, 21:13
Hi,

Wow! Well done you.

I'm so pleased for you. I bought the Zumba game on the Wii but haven't tried it yet...

You will have highs and lows, but focus on the highs and focus on what you've achieved today!

In the voice of Peter Griffin, "proudayou!"

:D