PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram jump from 20-30mg

longboarder1973
24-05-12, 12:59
hi all
first time on here but have read alot of posts already whihc have helped me.

I have gradually gone from 10-20mg of Citalopram since Novemeber 2011 utpo April 2012. All things have been really good, yeah have had the side effects, like tiredness, feeling hungry, headaches etc but they have gone over the usual 2 weeks.
I have started out on 30mg about a month ago and just feel totally odd on them. They have subsided the panic and anxiety like I was having, but have made me alot more inward, low and over analysing everything. Also feel not very creative and linger too long on certain feelings, whereas before was ok on 10 and 20mg.
Anyone else been like this, just a bit of a zombie and "thinking too much" about stuff. Wondering whether to go back to docs to see if there is something else?

thanks

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

*bump

sazmo
24-05-12, 13:03
Problem with taking something else is going through the changing of the medication.
I would give it another couple of weeks, if it isnt better see your gp about dropping down again.
Or can you half a tablet?

longboarder1973
24-05-12, 13:08
cheers Sazmo... just have noticed such a big (and not so positive) change in going from the 10-20 and then being on 20 for about 4 months and then upto 30mg...

Not to say that the first 6 months werent the silver bullet, but was kinda hoping that havign to up it again to 30 would be positive...