PDA

View Full Version : stool softeners how long??

selphie
24-05-12, 18:08
hi i was wondering if anybody knows how long you can take stool softeners for last friday i had really really bad constipation( sorry for the graphic details).
i just couldent seem to go all i could manage was just 2 little bits.
i kept gettting the urge to go all day but when i sat down no matter what i did i just couldent go.

by friday night i could barley stand or walk it was so uncomfortable that i was in floods of tears i kept drinking water with hopes of going but i just couldent bits of water and stuff but nothing else i know it sounds disgusting but i could feel it so i manually had to remove some and was able to go a little. because my back and legs were aching so much as it was stuck there so then i did manage a few hard bits but when i looked blood had also come out into the toilet pan which really scared me so i left it and just went to bed funny i had no stomach pain.

in the morning i was woken by the urge to go but again i just couldent at all.

i went to the chemist as i really had to sort this as i was in pain below so i got some dulcoease.

by the end of the day i had the urge to go this time it felt diffrent and knew i was going to go.

i went cleared it and i felt so much better i was crying i was so relieved.

the next day i managed to go again but it was still a little hard so i carried on taking them as i was still sore and suffer with hemaroids.

6 days later im still taking them as im having regular bowel movements and im so scared i dont want to become constipated as i never had it so bad as i had it that friday it was one of the worst experiences in my life.

but im worried because it says prolonged use to be avoided.

i wake up everyday thinking im not going to take them today.... but i just take them because im scared.
i have heard that some people do take them everday and its ok.

anybody with advice or anybody that takes this med could you please help me im stuck in a rut:unsure::unsure: xxx