PDA

View Full Version : heart disease, need some advice

MissSunshine
24-05-12, 18:38
Hi all,
all I can think about lately is my heart.
My dads dad (my grandad) has had heart attacks, angina, by passes etc, and now my dad is going for tests on his heart as he is getting pains (he is 58.) my grandad is 85 and still with us thankfully.

But being the worrier i am, im thinking what am me? has it been passed down? and its making my anxiety bad and im starting to avoid doing things.

I am 22. I do not drink. I do not smoke.

yet im afraid to exercise, because im afraid i have a heart condition as it may be hereditary! I just want to do zumba but im scared il over do it.

and now im scared to have another child, in case something happens through birth, i have a son already but i didnt know about that heart disease was past down.

every time i get a missed heart beat now (doctors say its anxiety) i get really worried :(

im being silly.

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 19:20
I have had a heart attack and guess what I have to do for it - yup exercise! The more the better.

It is the main thing apart from diet that will keep it healthy so get out there and exercise please!

MissSunshine
24-05-12, 19:25
Oh nicola, i didnt have a clue you have had a heart attack! So I guess I will get that zumba dvd after all! I love walking too!

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 19:32
Yeah in Sept 2008 during a massive Crohn's flareup. I had a stent put in one of the arteries at the time.

You have lots on your side as well like not smoking/drinking

MissSunshine
24-05-12, 19:40
How have you been since? and what sort of exercise do you do?

Im always stressing and im thinking that will add to it.
I am very good tho havent ever smoked and never drink..

I want to do more exercise but heard about the lady running the marathon who died when running because of a heart condition that she never knew of and it put me off and i thought, 'i better take it easy' :(

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 19:52
I get tired easily and only work part time now but that is because the left side of the heart is damaged.

I go to an exercise class specifically run for heart attack sufferers and we do circuits. I haven't been for ages now but at this time of year I am out doing the gardening and getting some exercise that way.

Anything is better than nothing though!

If you are worried about the family history then you can ask the GP for an ECG and/or maybe a treadmill test to reassure you.

MissSunshine
24-05-12, 19:56
I am too out more in the summer. More walking

I will defiantly talk to a gp about it, put my mind a rest, altho you have helped! thank you!

nomorepanic
24-05-12, 21:13
You are more than welcome.

ayanatsume
25-05-12, 04:43
I have had a heart attack and guess what I have to do for it - yup exercise! The more the better.

It is the main thing apart from diet that will keep it healthy so get out there and exercise please!

Yes, proper diet and exercise are the number 1 safest way to avoid heart attack. Avoid processed and this GMO, i read in this article about GMO (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/31/monsanto-worst-company-of-2011.aspx) and i think this Monsanto company deserves a closure.