PDA

View Full Version : waiting for test results - any tips?

debbsi
24-05-12, 20:45
Has anyone got any tips to coping with waiting for test results? I'm on a work placement at the moment and have to wait till next thursday to go to breast clinic for biopsy results, even though the doc said i shouldnt worry - i feel terrible, i keep wanting to cry, feel really low in mood, have headache and feel sick. I just wondered if anyone has any ideas how i can function normally over this next week?

stressybessy
24-05-12, 22:14
Write down any encouraging words the doctor told you e.g 'Don't worry, we think its probably just a fibroadenoma and 'most women visiting the breast clinic do NOT have cancer' (that was on the leaflet when I went there and it helped to keep remembering it) and carry the piece of paper around with you, when you have a wobble look at the words. Any spare time you have try and sleep as it passes the time and also helps replenish all the energy you are using up worrying. x

debbsi
25-05-12, 06:21
Hi stressy
Thanks, i will try that, i keep telling myself he said i didnt need to worry and that they had to do the biopsy as a matter of course, still worrying though, glad i have the propanalol