PDA

View Full Version : I got through the holiday and driving there!

tweetypie
24-05-12, 22:35
I posted on Sunday saying I was going to Center parcs and I was very very anxious. I dont like driving long distances for one and have avoided doing it for two years due to panic attacks. I did a 1 1/2 drive to holiday and back not much to some but lots to me.
We weren't due back till morning but left tonight due to a family arrangement tomorrow we had forgot about. On the initial journey there I did start to feel the panic start, hands sweating ,rapid heartbeat, hot and lightheaded. Somehow I kept a lid on it and avoided a full blown attack and once I got past it I was okay. We got lost on the way there and it took me 3 hours in the end to get there lol I had a big row on hubby for giving me wrong directions (he doesnt drive) and somehow the need to get us there stopped the panic.
I put on travel bands and chewed rescue remedy which helped a little aswell as a good argument on hubby (poor bloke) he was really good though and kept me calm.
On holiday I coped well I dont like walking I always feel panicky and off balance walking far from my car or house but I had to walk straight away there and was thrown in at the deep end and said bye to my car for four days.
We hired bikes and Im 6 months pregnant and managed it well burning off energy really helps get rid of panic attacks as your so tired and kind of on a high from exercise this is from someone who sometimes cant walk the corner shop without panicking.
I did get anxious at the swimming pool and really felt uncomfortable there I fidgeted a lot to try and take my mind off it but honestly couldnt wait to get out of there most of the time but I conquered it and thats the main thing.
I ate out in restaurants fine an odd wobble but mostly ok.

I did feel anxious quite a bit I cant lie but I did it and I thought I wouldnt I havent got many tips but I would say face your fear easier said than done I know but it works. I am planning my next holiday already and feel more confident than I have in a while :)

Stormsky
25-05-12, 00:02
good for you! the world isnt sooooo scary is it! xx

kittikat
25-05-12, 00:47
What a fantastic achievement....good on you tweetypie :yesyes: Great to hear a positive story and gives others hope and belief that we can get through this. Kitti :)

t0rt01se36
25-05-12, 08:52
Well done tweetypie.

I have never been to Center Parcs before, but it sounds really good.

Wish I had enjoyed my last holiday more, instead of feeling anxious. I rang people from my mobile as I felt it was a way of not panicking. Should've tried to relax more and then I probably would've enjoyed it better.

You did really well.

Anxious_gal
25-05-12, 10:27
A minute feels like a life time when you're anxious so an hour and a half is pretty great :)
Aw I often find too that we deal a lot better in situations than we think we will.
Getting lost must have been stressful but you got through it!
Oh wow you went from nervous about walking to leaving your car for days and riding a bike and while pregnant lol go you :) you did so well!
Aw glad this trip built up your confidence :)

doodah
25-05-12, 21:51
:yesyes:

Veronica H
26-05-12, 00:09
:yesyes:Well done,xV

purplesky
26-05-12, 00:20
I'm new here, and just came across your thread, and it made me smile. I'm happy for you, because God only knows it can be tough even getting out of the house sometimes, so to go on holiday and enjoy it, has gotta be great. Well done. :shades:

shotokansho
28-05-12, 12:51
That's fantastic. I know how happy you feel because I had also posted on here about a holiday to Malta and I was petrified. But I did it and I had a brilliant time, faught off the anxiety and focused on my boys and it was great! So well done! :)