PDA

View Full Version : had a bad night last night...2 small wines in the sun then palpitations all night :(

geishagirl
25-05-12, 10:21
I went for 2 cheeky glasses of wine in the sun to take my mind off my upcoming ECG on Tuesday.

However, in bed last night my heart was beating fast and I couldnt sleep and felt restless.

Do i have to quit alcohol? :( i enjoy a nice slow wine or pimms in the sun x

Jules147
25-05-12, 10:29
While you are anxious about your heart I would say yes. Alcohol does increase the heart rate and while this isn't harmful in itself if you only do it on occasion, it will make you worry more.

geishagirl
25-05-12, 11:25
i used to have a glass a wine and more a night and never bothered me until recently :(

at least if my ecg is clear i can start my beta blockers again!

Jules147
25-05-12, 12:07
While I was suffering from anxiety my consumption of alcohol actually dropped because it made me feel worse for longer than it made me feel better. I have been on beta-blockers, atenolol, for years.

Anxious_gal
25-05-12, 15:11
I've not drank much alcohol , but I remeber the mornings after when I used to drink , my heart palps would be very bad .
Alcohol increases your heart rate. As does things like coffee.
Try not to use alcohol every day or as a way to help you sleep.
Maybe try a wine cooler instead or something less strong?

LittleMissSleepy
25-05-12, 15:33
Hey Geishagirl, I had this too with wine, so I did give it up. It's something to do with the alcohol being broken down in the liver and glucose levels elevating our heartrate at night. Pretty freaky. I don't miss the drink anymore. Good luck with your tests.