PDA

View Full Version : Eye twitching

Jj8
25-05-12, 10:41
Hi Everyone

I have been having eye lid twiching for the past 3 months now :( it's my left upper eye lid that keeps twitching randomly throughout the day. I do feel a little tired as I have just got over a very bad cold that lasted for a month, but I had the twiching before this and I have never had this eye twitching before so bad.
It's been 3 months now, I dont have any other symptoms but it's worrying me for the length of time that I have had this now. Im too scared to go to the doctors as its embarrassing and I just know that the doctor will think 'anxiety'
Please can anyone help me or offer any advice xx

Catalyst
27-05-12, 21:18
Hi
I'm not really going to be much help I'm afraid, but thought I'd comment as I currently have an eye twitch (right lower). I've had it about 3 weeks and it went from twitching 'now & then' during the day, to literally twitching constantly! I actually had an upper eye lid twitch in 2009 that lasted over 3 months. In the end I went to the doctor and was prescribed 1 week of diazepam to relax the muscle. By the end of the course it did finally stop twitching. But I still don't know if that was just a coincidence?!
Anyway, I went to doctor again last week because this twitch is already driving me nuts! He's given me diazepam again this time but so far no change. I know that eye twitches are very common and usually just because of tiredness, stress, anxiety, caffeine, alcohol etc but it's hard not to worry! I hope you're twitch goes soon.

tasia
27-05-12, 23:59
Hi there, I get them too..Sometimes it will last a week sometimes a month or more, it is usually due to overtiredness and stress and anxiety all that will make it worse. It is absolutely nothing to worry about its a very very common problem with alot of people so please dont worry about it. It will eventually stop.